• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I batch create enhanced profiles from LUTs?

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a tool or suggestion for how to batch create enhanced profiles (.xmp files) from .cube files?  I've got a couple hundred .cube files that I'd like to convert into enhanced profiles for use in Lightroom/ACR.  It would take me days to bring all of these into ACR one at a time, and create the profiles manually.

I don't think this is possible to do with a Photoshop action.  Is there an app or a script available somewhere to do this?  Is there an SDK I should look at if I want to write my own script?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately, they don't help me answer the crux of the question: importing the .cube files en masse.  I did read the SDK prior to posting the original question, so I follow the process for taking one .cube file, and getting the  resulting .xmp file.  I'm looking for a method to batch this process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is currently impossible. Im trying to do the same thing

But I guess I have to do them 1 by 1. 

What color space are you using when importing the cube files? does it select the color space of the cube file automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If something cannot be done using actions and scripts, then it can be automated using external utilities for recording the keyboard and mouse.
In the example below, I tried to make 20 profiles:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks so complicated! 

I'm using a MAC and it's honeslty shocking to me that ACR doesn't have a batch import option. 

I also can't even import xmp presets into ACR. I can do it in Lightroom. 

I'm just confused. I am open to suggestions. 

Why can't I just drop them in a folder? I dont understand 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because when embedding a LUT in XMP, the CUBE content is additionally encoded by the camera raw plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just wish there was a faster way. I have all these old VSCO Luts that I want to install

currently I have to create a new profile in ACR and embedd the cube file there. 

Then I can install that profile in Lighroom by referencing the xmp file that ACR created in some hidden folder 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines