• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the background colour without making it weird?

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my normal instagram post would look like: https://imgur.com/a/qMAw9Pa I use Twitter and edit this in Photoshop. I want to make the background a different colour without making the logo also that colour. If i use tolerence 0 this is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/C31pC2J Without anti-alias, the text looks messed up.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I just want to make sure that I am understanding your question--you want to change the color of the background around the images (but not the background in the image) and keep the logo the same color. Is that correct?

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 4.40.11 PM.png

Here is a screenshot of your image with a color Layer and Layer Mask. To do this, just create a new layer on top of your image and add the color you want to use. Notice that the Layer Blending Mode is set to Multiply so you can see the type through the layer. Then, add a Layer Mask to the color Layer and paint with black to "hide" all the parts of the image your don't want to be influenced by the color.

If you want to use white type against a darker background, yoou might recreate the type on a new layer set above the color.

Let us know if that helps, or if you have any questions.

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines