• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I quickly find a Pantone Swatch number in Photoshop CS6?

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I quickly find a Pantone Swatch number? The swatches are, for all intents and purposes, in random order... Typing a umber does not jump to the swatch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

The best way I find my swatches is to:

1. Double-click the active swatch from the main PS toolbar.
  2. You should get a color picker dialog box.
  3. Click Color Libraries to switch over to the libraries dialog box.
  4. Check to make sure you are in the right library from the top drop-down menu. (Depending on your project necessity.
  5. If you want to type, start with the letter or number immediately following the common Prefix.
    (i.e. If you are using the Pantone Solid Coated book, and are looking for "PANTONE 7539 C" st

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typing a number in the Color Picker when a Pantone library is open does jump to the swatch - CS6 on OS X 10.6.8. You have to type quite quickly, though - too much delay before a digit will be considered as a new number being started.

I'm unaware of a way to type a number into the Swatches panel, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way I find my swatches is to:

1. Double-click the active swatch from the main PS toolbar.
  2. You should get a color picker dialog box.
  3. Click Color Libraries to switch over to the libraries dialog box.
  4. Check to make sure you are in the right library from the top drop-down menu. (Depending on your project necessity.
  5. If you want to type, start with the letter or number immediately following the common Prefix.
    (i.e. If you are using the Pantone Solid Coated book, and are looking for "PANTONE 7539 C" start typing "7539."  If you are looking for "PANTONE Reflex Blue C" start by typing "blue")

* I've never found this not to work, but you may want to check step (4) that you have the correct Pantone book selected.

** Sometimes it helps to also build the color in CMYK from the Color Picker dialog box then switch back to Color Libraries dialog box and which ever library you choose, the color should automatically jump to its coorisponding swatch number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines