• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I remove this bright sport? Is it even possible to automate that?

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is my first post, sorry if I miss some points.

I had a scratch on my camera unfortunately I didn't had a chance to replace it so a lot of photos have the same bright spot. On some pictures it is exactly the other way round, the spot is dark.

Is there a easy way to correct the colors for this spot or even automate it? I would have to correct around 100 images. 😕 

The picture below provides a example. I don't know if it's important but I have the RAW files.

Thanks for any help! Very appreciated!

DSC_0312.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That might be a light leak rather than a lens scratch. Best place I know of for camera repair is Midwest Camera Repair - WyandotteMichigan - 734.285. 2220.  I have used them for both lens and camera issues and was very pleased with results. Does it happen when using other lenses? Or, just this lens?

Did you have any filter in front of the lens? Could be detritus on a filter...

As to correction: I would try starting with Object Selection for the entire streak, then Content Aware Fill. Alternatetively you might simply be able to do Object Select then Image Adjustment Exposure. If either one works, you could make the one that does into an Action and then run the Action on each image IF the swath of light is always in the same place... If you need info on creating an action, try a search "Create Action in Photoshop"

PS: In my house I would also have to investigate whether that is a stray cat hair...

Dave Grainger  (birdsbydave.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied your image and tried these two ideas, with not the greatest success. I do note that this is a 72 PPI image and also that the area to the left is completely blown out. I think that this might have been a cell phone image and that the lens was pointed towards the sun with no sun-shade.However, you did say that you have RAW files, which means that you were not using phone camera... Hmmmm....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try local adjustment brushes in the camera raw filter, in particular dehaze,  combined with a layer set to color blend mode, to blend in lost colour from the area. You won't get it perfect but you may take the eye off it. To be honest though I would start with the raw file and try and recover the completely blown out sky and sea before doing anything with that area.  If you can't recover those then chalk it up to experience, watch the exposure and use a lens hood.

2020-04-01_22-08-51.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! dave's suggestion might be spot on, if I can say, here is a tutorial on the topic: https://photoshopcafe.com/remove-reflections-glasses-photoshop/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm wondering: is it that large on the image, or did you crop to show the defect bigger?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines