• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I add a simple downloaded font to a CC vers of PS on a WIN7 PC?

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It used to be simple with the older version of PS.  It's not a job I have to do often, I'm a photographer more than a graphic designer, but sometimes it's part of my job.  Now I run PS via CC, I can't find a way of adding a downloaded font from the web, so that I can use it like any other font already pre-installed with CC PS using the text tool.  I've googled it, there are many glib statements about 'simply install's itself into WIN7' - but that install option doesn't appear on my version of WIN7 (possibly because the answers were written at a time when WIN7 was the latest version, and of course now it's phased out and recent amendments to the Operating system by Microsoft might have affected what appears in the dialogs and menu options).  I've checked the Adobe forums, and questions are asked about earlier versions of PS, but not CC PS.  It seems the question hasn't been asked, so therefore, there is no solution for me to find.  Neither can I find anything helpful via Google.  I'll be running WIN7 to the bitter end (late 2017).  So can you help me please?  I have a typewriter font already downloaded, I've created 'fonts' folders in C:\Programfiles\common files\Adobe\ (and the x86 vers) I'm ready to put this font in the right place - if someone can tell me where the right place is?  I look forward to hearing from you.

PS: 2015.1.2. Release      20160113.r.355x64

OS:  Windows 7 Home Premium with Service Pack 1 - updated as and when MS sends them out, PC in use every day - bang up to date

Many thanks

Di

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be as simple as right clicking the (unzipped) font file that you downloaded and choosing Install Font from the context menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but as I tried to explain in my post, that 'simple' option to 'install' the font, just doesn't exist.  I've used a different font now cos I had to get the job done, but it would be good to find an answer for future jobs where I need different fonts that I need to download and use in the CC version of PS.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your CC subscription you can download fonts from Typekit for free. Have you tried that?

Start here with Type > Add Fonts from Typekit

Photoshop CCss_009.png

Make sure you are signed in (your name will appear in the top right hand corner. Pick a font.

Google Chromess_010.png

Click on the green sync button and the font is downloaded, installed and available within Photoshop.

Google Chromess_011.png

For more details, see the info at the bottom of this page:

Marketplace | Typekit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the fonts I need I already have in my library.  Can I upload them to my kit for use in CC?  Why do they not load when I open CC?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can use any font installed on your system in Photoshop CC or in any other CC application (well, exception for web applications, because there, the font handling is special).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines