How do I fix those blurry and pixelated lines in PS?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to work on professional art pieces and yet have to deal with those blurry, pixelated looking lines.

I have zero clue where they are coming from and that's why I added some screenshots. Thought it might help solve the problem, since you have better insight then.

I appreciate your help!Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).pngScreenshot (10).png

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How do I fix those blurry and pixelated lines in PS?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to work on professional art pieces and yet have to deal with those blurry, pixelated looking lines.

I have zero clue where they are coming from and that's why I added some screenshots. Thought it might help solve the problem, since you have better insight then.

I appreciate your help!Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).pngScreenshot (8).pngScreenshot (10).png

TOPICS
How to, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 22, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slight softness when zoomed in more than 100% (your screenshot shows 200%) is antialiasing on a brush. It is used to prevent stepping of pixels on angled lines. If you don't want it at all, then use the pencil tool instead of the brush tool.

As for the pixelation when zoomed out, check in Preferences > General that Image Interpolation is NOT set to Nearest neighbour.

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davescm is right! 
I would ad 2 more things:
- In the brush panel you have the "abstand" set to 5%, put it to 1% it will create less steps
- Not realy relevant for screen work, but you should also create a 300ppi file instead of 72ppi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 22, 2020 0