• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I repair broken/missing smart objects in Photoshop?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PSD file that has 60-some folders, and in each folder, there is an illustration like the woman holding a star below which was placed from Illustrator as a smart object. As you can see in the layers palette, the files are showing a red question mark. When I double click on them, nothing happens. All of my other files that I've checked are fine, except for this one. 

Where do I find the missing smart objects? Is there a code? A location they've been saved on my computer? 

I can go find all of the original illustrations and re-add them, but that will take days. I'm hoping there's an easier solution.

Mac OS Catalina Version 10.15.7
Radeon Pro 570X 4GB Graphics Card
Photoshop 2021, recently updated

Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 1.55.08 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Is it possible you were using a library that was shared with you and it's no longer being shared? Learn more about libraries, get to know them. I think this is where your problem is coming from. You need to find or recreate the library / add the items back in. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have the cloud icon - they should be in a library. Do you have a library with the images?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a library with lots of images, but these ones are not there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is it possible you were using a library that was shared with you and it's no longer being shared? Learn more about libraries, get to know them. I think this is where your problem is coming from. You need to find or recreate the library / add the items back in. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines