• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i rotate text in Adobe Photoshop?

Jan 30, 2015 Jan 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am Samyak Veera from U.S.

I have a picture that I'm editing and i wanted to include some text on it. I used the Horizontal Type Tool to enter the text but now i want to rotate it a little so that it is on an angle but i can't seem to find the option to do that. How do i go about doing that in Photoshop? Suggest me the solution.

Thanks

Samyak Veera

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Samyak Veera,

After typing your text click the check-mark to commit and then select the move tool from the top of the tools pallet. You should see a bounding box appear around your words with four corner handles. Hover your mouse around one of the corners until the cursor changes to double rotation arrows. You can then change the angle to your liking and re-commit. You can also click in the middle of the box to drag it around if you need to re-position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 27, 2016 Jun 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who don't see the bounding box click Show Transform Controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With your text layer selected press Command/Control + T and a free transform bounding box will appear around your text. Move your cursor anywhere outside of the box then click & drag to rotate. Press Enter or Return to apply the rotation.

Note: If you move your cursor inside the bounding box you can reposition the text. If you click & drag any of the nodes on the box you can scale your text. This is an extremely handy keyboard shortcut to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you genius - thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick brilliant solution...thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your suggestions. Your replies help me and i got the solution.

Cheers

Thanks

Samyak Veera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The correct answer must be out of date. When I attempt to rotate text in Photoshop, it wants me first to rasterize the layer. I want to keep it in an editable format without rasterizing and still rotate text. I was once able to rotate it with CTRL + T without rasterizing, but the new version of Photoshop seems to have gotten rid of that feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah. I see what happened. I applied a stroke layer style to my text which then made Photoshop want me to rasterize before any additional changes with free transform could be made.... Still tedious, though. CTRL + T still works as long as nothing else is applied to the text layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines