Highlighted

How to add a Pen tool path to a selection

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use ''Select/Subject'' when I want to cut an object out of an image, but sometimes I need to refine that selection by adding or subtracting from it. I find the Pen tool to be the most accurate when It comes it adjusting those small details,

I'd like to know how to add or subtract the path I make with the Pen tool to the original selection?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bojan_Živković | Adobe Community Professional

With selection active open Paths panel and use Shift or Alt + Ctrl + click on path to add or subtract from selection. Path will be converted to selection and along the way selection will be aded/subtracted from active selection. If you hold Shift and Alt together while Ctrl + clicking on path thet should intersect with selection.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to add a Pen tool path to a selection

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually use ''Select/Subject'' when I want to cut an object out of an image, but sometimes I need to refine that selection by adding or subtracting from it. I find the Pen tool to be the most accurate when It comes it adjusting those small details,

I'd like to know how to add or subtract the path I make with the Pen tool to the original selection?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Bojan_Živković | Adobe Community Professional

With selection active open Paths panel and use Shift or Alt + Ctrl + click on path to add or subtract from selection. Path will be converted to selection and along the way selection will be aded/subtracted from active selection. If you hold Shift and Alt together while Ctrl + clicking on path thet should intersect with selection.

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would maybe suggest using the Paths panel to store paths that you may want to come back to later. Use the "Create New Path" button in the lower right of the Paths panel to, well, create a new path. You can use Ctrl/Cmd + click on the path's thumbnail to create a selection. (You can do this for multiple paths that are selected by using the Selection button under the Make option on the Pen Tool's Options bar.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines