• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to apply an image distortion modification to a saved path?

Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I make a manual image distortion correction either in camera raw filter or lens correction filter; how can I commit those changes to my saved paths as well, so they would remain usable after the distortion correction changes?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since you can't apply it to a path, you will need to create a selection of your distortion corrected image, and then convert your selection to a new path.

Here is the process:

1. Load your path a sa selection
  2. Create a new layer and fill the selection with any color. This gives Ps pixels to manipulate.
  3. Choose your orginal image layer and apply your lens correction.
  4. Choose your new layer immediately after you have applied your lens correction. Ps remembers your your last action.
  5. Choose your last applied correction which will appear at the top of the filter menu
  6. Load this layer as a selection
  7. Convert it to a path using the Make work path from selection button.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer, I hoped there would be a direct way to do it as we can do with saved selections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines