Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change brush cursor to a mouse pointer

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody

I have a simple question but can’t seem to find an answer via google because there have been asked questions about something similar which doesn’t answer my specific question.

I was wondering how I can chance the cursor in Photoshop to a mouse pointer. I really don’t like how my brush takes on the form of the selected brush and when made smaller the curser becomes a crosshair. I’ve seen on some Youtube videos how Artists draw with a cursor in Form of a mouse pointer instead of the Form of the selected brush, so I guess there must be a way but I can’t find the settings for it nor an answer on google.

Help is really appreciated!

Have a nice day

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you can change your brush cursor and other tool cursors in preferences ( standard, precise, normal and full size) I use normal. To change the shape of the cursor to standard mouse pointer seems rather counter intuitive i believe and its not posible as a preference in PS. The brush cursor when set to normal for instance will alow you to see size of the brush, the hard/soft area and alo opacity. A std mouse cursor cant do that.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide us with link to particular video where artist is using standard cursor to paint? If he does paint with standard cursor icon then perhaps he is explaining that part because Photoshop does not have such option in preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you are seeing in the video is an error caused by the screen capture software - not a feature in Photoshop. There is no way to have a mouse arrow show as the brush icon when painting. You can change your brush settings in the Photoshop Preferences/Cursors to not show "actual brush size". This will keep it as a circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines