Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a null object in Photoshop

Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey forum.

Is there a way to create a null object in PS?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<posted twice>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a totally empty layer if that's what you mean?

Aside from that, the term "object" doesn't have any meaning in Photoshop. Photoshop doesn't work with objects in the sense that vector applications (like e.g. Illustrator) do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean a 3D null object, or 'empty' that can be used in 3D applications as a parent to control the properties, such as scaling or rotation, on child 3D objects? If so, then not in Photoshop. The nearest is to group the objects and control the group.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, well, I don't do 3D so I tend to forget it exists... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

...which means I should probably get into SFTW again, just to be reminded...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has smart Object layers smart object layers objects vary the are all not the same knid of objects some are not even Photoshop object.  Photoshop has some basic 3D functions so I would expect Photoshop 3D Layers would have 3D objects.  Photoshop is a pixels editor the has many feature and supports may types of layers. All are not pixels layer. There is no general photoshop object or place holder. Photoshop power come from layers. You use Photoshop layers toe accomplish things in Photoshop.  I would call Layers Photoshop object and the are somewhere near 25 types of layers.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines