• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to draw an arrow in photoshop version 21.0.2

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I recently upgraded my photoshop creative cloud to version 21.0.2. After the upgrade I can't find where the arrow tool is to draw an arrow. Can someone tell me where to find the arrow tool?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Arrow shapes have been moved to a new folder "Legacy Shapes and more..." You access them by going to Window > Shapes and if you do not see it in the panel, load them from the Panel menu

Arrrow shapes will be in the Arrows subfolder and should be in the Options bar picker as well.

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 11.02.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

The answer is still good. Go to Window > Shapes to bring up the Shapes Panel. In the Search box, type "arrows" and it will bring up the folder with the arrows in it. Select the Arrow folder and clear the search box to display the arrows as shown. You'll need to select the Custom Shape Tool and select the arrow you want. Current as of Ps 2021/version 22.2

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 7.04.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the line tool in the shape tools, from the option bar you can add arrow heads, or you can use the custom shape tool and select the predefined arrows 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be so clean and easy, just as you described... basically open line tool, pop an arrow head on it, elongate or compress it, cursor on your work and drag. 10 seconds tops. It certainly is not like that now. What a mess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arrow shapes have been moved to a new folder "Legacy Shapes and more..." You access them by going to Window > Shapes and if you do not see it in the panel, load them from the Panel menu

Arrrow shapes will be in the Arrows subfolder and should be in the Options bar picker as well.

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 11.02.52 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7,

thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option seems to be gone in 21.2.4. All I get are animals, trees, boats and flowers. I cannot reset the list, so since Append Default Shapes ... only adds the same four groups over and over again, I now have plenty of trees, flowers, animals and boats.

An idea how to reset this, anyone? Or how to get the old shapes back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know where to click to indicate that I have the same problem ...   (sorry if it gave you false hope of solution ...)
As well in the pannel the shapes folders once opened won't close..

And when I am trying to draw manually using the line tool in the shape tools and the option to add arrow heads, when converting to pixels, it will only draw the head of the arrow and not the line...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when I try to import other forms the Custom SHapes folder is empty ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here - when drawing a line with the shape tool, all that is visible is the arrow head (even though I use a fill color, stroke color). Can't find a solution for that anywhere 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here because of the same problem! Why would they offer arrow heads but no arrow body now?!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WTF am I supposed to do with trees, flowers, animal and boats??? I just need to draw an ARROW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly! It hasn't been a problem in 20 years, and this is one of the reasons why PS will loose to alternative apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it.  when you see the trees animals etc,  look in the top right of that window for the stacked lines, click on that and the legacy menu is there.  But I am having trouble figuring out how to use the shapes, back in CS6 I just drew a line and that line or curve was the arrow... Now I need to figure out how to use shapes... oh bother. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an AWFUL solution. I use arrows all the time to point out corrections to my developers and it is EXTREMEMLY inconvenient to have to use a SHAPE to accomplish this.

Please put it back to the way it used to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I whole heartedly agree! I still cant figure out how to use the shape.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use arrows very frequently. Before 22.0.1 it was VERY easy. Now there are 50 different adjustments, most of which I have no understanding. I can get the tip of the arrow, the triangle, to show up, but not the line that leads to it. There's something screwy about Properties/Appearance and selecting the solid, dashed, or dotted line. It does not work consisistently. Sometimes I can get a dotted or dashed line, but rarely a solid line after selecting it. 

This is 20 times more complicated than it needs to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's ridiculous that it's not easy to draw arrows. Come on Adobe... make it easy like it used to be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Photoshop that often, so it's always confusing when they make changes like these and I don't know if I'm just not advanced enough or there's actually an issue with the software... Somehow 10 years ago everything seemed way less complicated. So far it looks like I'm not alone in this (line shapes not showing up, arrows hard to find/use), which is comforting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please update your answer? I'm trying to find out where to find the arrows just like all the other people on here. Your solution is not working. Please advise a solution that works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to search because I have a Dutch version, but I found it and it works like explained. Not like it used to be and I agree with people saying Adobe give us the old way back. But for now at least I have arrows.

Hopefully this helps for people asking how to choose an arrow:
You pick an arrow and slide it on your document. You can it reshape it like a pasted image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too bad I can't edit the post. I meant to say "you can reshape it like any pasted image."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. This is truly weird. I used to draw arrows all the time. Simply click the line-tool > adjust the width > add arrowhead at then end and Bob's your uncle. Now I can only manage to get the arrowhead. The line itself won't get a width, fill or stroke. Am I missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found it!!!

Line tool.

In tool menu go to seetings gear icon

choose line width in pixels

select arrowheads box for either start or end

adjust arrowhead height and width

draw the line.

Whew!

That took me WAY longer than it should have to figure out!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shows the line getting thicker but then it disappears when you click off? 
And can only be 3px wide? 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines