• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export to a specific file size (200kb) jpg using "export as" or any method

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've been using "save to web legacy" for this task but I would love the ability to export each layer individually like can be done in "export as"but it's much harder without the slider or instant reaction typing in the quality box. 

I'm just trying to streamline my workflow.  All files for our website are going to be 1000x1000 200kb (or as close as I can get them).  I make a 1000x1000 file add images to it (adjusting for the best fit and framing) and then use "save to web"  and adjust the quality slider until it says 200k in the lower left of the window for total file size.

I would love if there was an export where I could just type 200k in a box and be done with it. Is this possible somewhere. 

Thank you for any guidance on this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, you can't do that, but you can streamline what you are doing by using generate. It's fabulous, fast, easy and no one knows about it ;p. Check it out. Super easy to use, just name your layers with your image extension. Another problem you might run into with files size is how the hard drive allocates the space. A very large hard drive has larger "chunks" and might show a larger file size than a smaller hard drive with smaller "chunks". Not sure if that is technically correct but I used to run into that problem back in my web design days. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines