• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move image when it is in Zoom + Magnetic Lasso Tool

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am trying to move an image in Zoom while using Magnetic Lasso Tool (Photoshop). I've been told to hold backspace and touch the touchpad but it is not working. Does anyone know what I should do to move the image while using Magnetic Lasso Tool in Zoom? Regards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are zoom in so your image does not fit on your display and you want to pan the images  not zoom out with the magnetic lasso tool the image should pan automatically as you approach or touch the image's window edge with the tool. I use the Polygonal Lasso tool.  The is and Issue int the area with the Lasso tool if you have a Wacom Pen and use WinTab  interface not INK interface.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rosane0101 

Try the Spacebar instead of Backspace to pan the page.

When you use Backspace with the Magnetic Lasso, it will remove the last segment for each time you tap Backspace. This is useful if you need to make a correction.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can say I must have lockdown fever... when you said ZOOM... I automatically thought you were in a ZOOM room trying to take control of another person's screen.

Way too much remote working for me....

LOL.

I hope you were able to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just correcting myself. Language issues, I am from Brazil. I incorrectly said backspace, when I should have said spacebar. When I tap spacebar and hold it while using Magnetic Lasso Tool, and the image is in Zoom, I just couldn't move the image left and right, up and down as some say it is possible. So the question was: How do I move an image, which is in Zoom, up and down, left and right, when using Magnetic Lasso Tool? I did not seem to have the same problem when using Polygonal Lasso Tool - in this case all I have to do is hold the spacebar, and move the image by using the touchpad. With Magnetic Lasso Tool it did not work. Only today I managed to move, for a second, the image in Zoom while using Magnetic Lasso Tool by holding spacebar plus left botton of touchpad and move up and down, left and right on touchpad. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Thank you all for your help. Regards, Rosane Pereira

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hold spacebar to move your image around your screen while making a selection with any selection tool. Add cmd/cnt to zoom in and out if you have scrubby zoom turned on. If scrubby zoom is not on, it's spacebar + cmd/cnt + opt/alt to zoom out. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines