• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to remove white eye in Photoshop CC 2019?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After wasting :30 trying to find this answer, I'm out.  Everything's referencing old versions of Photoshop and none of the buttons are the same.  I need to remove white eye on a PERSON. I'm a total novice, so screenshots, videos, etc would be helpful. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marie,

As you're trying to remove the White eye in Photoshop, it would be helpful if you can share a screenshot with us.

Could you please have a look at this video and see if it helps?

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 | How to get rid of pet eye - YouTube

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, unfortunately that video doesn't help because it's for v2015 and I'm on v2019.  And I don't have a screenshot because I haven't done any steps yet because I don't know how to.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm already lost on Step #1. "Find the quick select tool"  I don't see any "quick select tool" on my setup. PS 2019 and 2015 apparently appear differently. I need something for 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - This is one of the worst tutorial videos I've ever seen. Between her going too fast throughout the entire thing, and her switching back and forth between long way, right-clicking, and keyboard shortcuts, it's very inconsistent and hard to follow. I tried it and ended up with something even creepier (below).  But thanks for trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post (the relevant parts of) the image/s in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the photo when I open it in PS. No idea what to do from here. All of the online tutorials are either for older versions of PS, or for red eye, not white eye:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the small size you posted it’s hard to tell what can meaningfully be done, please post the part in fullres.

And the motion blur of the photograph itself might make a distinction of the iris impossible.

Step #1. "Find the quick select tool"

The Quick Select Tool and the Magic Wand Tool usually share a field, so click (an keep clicked) in the Magic Wand Tool to see and select the secondary Tool/s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't even know how to post in full res. How do I do that? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It won't let me post an EPS:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have never used Photoshop before. The interface between 2015 and 2019 is not different. Tutorials on YouTube make assumptions that you know some basics. I suggest you learn Photoshop. Lynda.com / Linked in Learning is a great place to start. If you right click on the magic wand tool, you will find the quick selection tool. I teach Photoshop and other Adobe apps, it's not an app you can just sit down and start playing with on your own and Youtube is spotty. Here is a list of places to learn, some are free, some are not:

http://www.creativetraining.live/links.html

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Melissa. I took a class in 2015 but none of it stuck because I don't use PS all the time. And then the books they gave out for us to reference for future questions were all obsolete when PS kept updating. I do use it here and there but there are little things like this that I can't figure out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You book should be still be useful, what was the book? I teach out of the Classroom in a Book series. They don't change much from version to version.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I attempted to make the changes from that horrendous Youtube video above, and it turned out worse (see screenshot). But thanks for the tip about right-clicking to find the Quick Selection Tool!

The book is called "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 release, Classroom in a Book, the official training workbook from Adobe", so I'm assuming it's a good one. But my quandary is when I do a keyword search of "white eye", it doesn't pull up anything, and I can't tell from these chapter titles where specifically to look for this. So short of reading the entire book, I'm not sure how to find it?

Here are the chapters:

And here's my botched attempt after that video:

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest, your photo is very poor quality -- low res, lots of motion, poorly lit.  It doesn't get much worse than  this.   The big difference between amateurs and professionals is knowing which images to keep and which ones to throw away.   I would re-shoot the photo or find another one that has more pixels and better quality to begin with.   It will be a lot more rewarding.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a candid taken by a friend, and not meant to be a professional photo, of course. I was just trying to figure out how to remove the white eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mariec15031101  wrote

The book is called "Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 release, Classroom in a Book, the official training workbook from Adobe", so I'm assuming it's a good one.

Hi Marie,

Red Eye is in Lesson 5: Quick Fixes. There is nothing on “white eye”. The white on the boy in the front center appears to be outside of his eye and it looks like there is no information there to retrieve.

Can you open your Channels panel and tell us if there is any information in that area in any of the channels?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jane. I'm not sure if you'll be able to read this screenshot but when I click Channels, it lists RGB.  Thanks for the guidance on Lesson 5.  Hmmmm....I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be any way to fix white eye. Well, I've tried everything I can, and to your point about the flash being outside of the eye, I think that means this particular photo is not fixable. That's okay - not the end of the world. Was really just wondering how to fix white eye in general and this thread at last pointed me in some correct directions. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At "least", not at "last" - typo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines