How to Replace image Photoshop

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a flyer though photoshop with more than 20 tiny images. Now I want to change all those images  with the same layout. I tried "replace content" in each image layer, but it didn't work as the new images replaced were either over size or under size, or just part of the image area was placed. May I know how to replace the old images to new images which can fit exactly into the original position and frame  ? I am tried to adjust each image size again.....

Thanks a million!

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Mac

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you used the Place Linked command vs the Place Embedded command from the file menu, then you simply need to replace the old images with the same filenames for your new images.

Photoshop will relink them for you.

Richard Curtis' blog on the subject may be helpful. https://blogs.adobe.com/richardcurtis/2015/11/20/creativefriday-photoshop-place-linked-vs-place-embe...

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One way is to edit Smat Object layer then to place image which you want for substitution. If you have turned on scaling during place Photoshop will fit image into canvas, you may need to adjust image and to confirm. Later merge layers or simply close with Save. This process can be automated using Photoshop action.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replacement image need to be the same size as the original object in your mockup template if you use replace content. Same Aspect Ratio. Number of pixels and Print resolution.  However, you can Edit the replacement images into the existing object.  If the replacement images have the same Aspect ratio as  the original the replacement will be perfect. If the aspect ratio differs there will be some cropping or boarders in the replaced images. If you structure your mock to adhere to my simple to populate design and have your image replacement collection in 20 sub folders named for each Smart object layer  My batch mockup script should be able to do the job.

image.png

JJMack

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I ended up embedding the replacement images and then clipping them to the image I wanted to replace. I know this probably isn't the best way to do it technically, but it works and it's the easiest way I could think of. To do this:

• Select File > Place Embedded
  • Select the new image you'd like to use.
  • Position the new image layer directly above the layer of the image you would like to replace.
  • Right click on the new image layer and click "Create Clipping Mask" (or Ctrl+Alt click)
  • Your new image should now be clipped to the size of the old image and you can tranform accordingly.

Hope this helps somebody!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines