Highlighted

How to set a default folder for saved files

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Do I set a permanent preference for a default folder for saved files.  PSE saves to the last folder used by Word.   This seems stupid.  Preferences does not have an option for setting a default folder for saving files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

How to set a default folder for saved files

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How Do I set a permanent preference for a default folder for saved files.  PSE saves to the last folder used by Word.   This seems stupid.  Preferences does not have an option for setting a default folder for saving files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use an action, and make use of what we tend to think of a slightly annoy feature with actions, in that they always save to the folder used when defining the action.  So what some of us do is use that as a default folder, and move to a final location when done.

This would be when batch processing a lot of images from a job, where you want to apply a Camera RAW preset, sharpen, and save.  If the action is triggered with a shortcut, it makes quick work of a few hundred images.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 1
Enthusiast ,
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that stupidity is a symptom of the operating system, not Photoshop.

But you can set folders in things like Actions, Image Processor, ACR, etc...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 0
Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In windows or mac you could create a Quick access or Favorites folder in Explorer or Finder so you just have to click that and then save your file(s) to that folder.

Below screenshots show a folder named Save to this Folder as an example.

windows

Screenshot-(122).png

mac

sattff.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 02, 2019 2
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good idea Jeff.  You can do the same thing with Bridge.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not clear with the wording of my question.  Consider this question closed,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 0
Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edspyhill01  wrote

I was not clear with the wording of my question.  Consider this question closed,

Reading your original question again, it seems to be referring to Photoshop Elements, in which case this is the wrong forum.  There are relevant forum settings in Photoshop Preferences, but seeing as it looks like you are not using Photoshop, there does seem to be any point in showing you.  We are happy to continue helping if you like, or we can move this thread to the Elements forum.

I think I have severely dated myself with this meme.  Please tell me that I am not the only person who remembers Hughie Green and Double Your Money?  It really was in the days before colour TV.  If you don't remember Hughie, you will probably remember his love child Paula Yates, who was married to Bob Geldolf and later a partner of Michael Hutchence.   All very tragic and sad.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 1
fishcad LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When scanning photos in PSE 2020 it will ask where to save the scan.  It would be wonderful if you could set a default location for all scans.  As it is now it the default is C:\users\user\OneDrive\Pictures\a new folder for every scanned photo.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0