• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How turn off home screen in Photoshop 2020?

Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turned on the Home screen in PS 2020 to see what is new and I can't turn it off. I unchecked Auto-show the Home Screen in preferences but the home screen still appears every time I launch PS. How can I disable the Home screen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

I've just experienced the same thing with Photoshop 2020. I managed to sort it. I'm not sure which did the fix so perhaps do both. 

Edit - Preferences - General - Uncheck "auto show homescreen" - Then reset preferences on quit - Ok - prompt - ok - then "cancel" out of here

Then Ctr N and create a new canvas. Then close everything down. Reopen Photoshop and hopefully like me, it will finally be gone 🙂

Hope this helps someone out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - NO! I just found out that I have the same problem. CC2020 preference doesn't change/resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the PS logo in the top left

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. it really worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup! Worked for me too. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, clicking on the logo on the upper-left after checking the preference off also worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I don't know how in the world you figured that out - but Thanks! Works like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is a nuisance everytime you start it up.... I wish I could help with this one....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this: go to Edit>Preferences>General and check Auto-Update Open File-based Documents

Restart Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just tried that and no change. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me.

You should remove below folder first:

"%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't help, will try remove folder first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, removing that folder worked - thank goodness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find that folder to delete it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please someone help me locate this file it is driving me insane. I even did the Shift+Option+Command to delete the Settings File upon opening Photoshop and the homescreen keeps opening up. This is with Photoshop 2022. Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess that AppData folder is in Windows. My problem is on a Mac and it's persistant. I have no idea how to get rid of that home screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me (in photoshop 2021). Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

worked for me, v. 23.0  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to do it several times before the <bleep> thing gets the message and goes away.

I just reset preferences because a Select and Mask setting wouldn't stick. Fixed that - but then I suddenly found myself in Home Screen he11. It was like a leech, it just wouldn't let go. I think I had to relaunch and restart 4 or 5 times, checking and unchecking that box in between.

I was sort of prepared because it did the same thing when I first installed 2020, although it let go the second time then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just experienced the same thing with Photoshop 2020. I managed to sort it. I'm not sure which did the fix so perhaps do both. 

Edit - Preferences - General - Uncheck "auto show homescreen" - Then reset preferences on quit - Ok - prompt - ok - then "cancel" out of here

Then Ctr N and create a new canvas. Then close everything down. Reopen Photoshop and hopefully like me, it will finally be gone 🙂

Hope this helps someone out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the guidance, did not work exactly for me,  However, Uncheck "auto show homescreen" - Ok - prompt.  Then Ctr N and create a new canvas. Then close everything down. Reopen Photoshop.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its works for me! Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines