Highlighted

HP Designjet printing from photoshop larger than specified image size

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as the title reads I am having issues with my businesses new printer.  It is a Designjet Z5200 that if I print an image through Photoshop CS5 (5X5) it comes out as (5.125X5.125) it looks to be a percentage amount larger depending on the size of the document.  I tried a (6X6) square which came out as (6.25X6.25) If I print using a different program, preview for example, the image comes out the correct size.  This led me to believe its a Photoshop issue or a driver or something. I then tried printing from my laptop which has CS6 but it still came out with the original issues I was having.  Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

HP Designjet printing from photoshop larger than specified image size

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as the title reads I am having issues with my businesses new printer.  It is a Designjet Z5200 that if I print an image through Photoshop CS5 (5X5) it comes out as (5.125X5.125) it looks to be a percentage amount larger depending on the size of the document.  I tried a (6X6) square which came out as (6.25X6.25) If I print using a different program, preview for example, the image comes out the correct size.  This led me to believe its a Photoshop issue or a driver or something. I then tried printing from my laptop which has CS6 but it still came out with the original issues I was having.  Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 18, 2017 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I also use HP printers, Z3100, 24" and 44", and with the last update my print size expands on average 1/4" for all prints. There does not seem to be a workaround.  It must be some type of error that is embedded in the driver.  I hope that someone who administers this page will look into it.  It is really a problem to not be able to size custom work for clients.

Anyone else out there experiencing this issue?

Letha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with our HP DesignJet Z3200 - just had an important print job with lots of 1m+ fine art prints to run (one was 2m long)  - each needing to be exactly sized for pre-made frames.  All the prints came out with wrongly sized edges - some up to 2mm shorter, some up to 5mm longer  and had to be reprinted - I had to oversize them, and then very carefully manually measure & trim. The prints were essentially irregular rectangles or trapeziums. Not fun, and incredibly wasteful of paper and ink. This is with OS 10.15 (Macbook Pro 2018) and 10.14 (Mac Mini 2012)  both running  Photoshop 2021.  The widths were more varied, generally coming up wider; the lengths were often shorter  - you can imagine how frustrating that became.

I've tried setting up an OS 10.9 boot disk for the Mac Mini with a CS4 trial as I don't recall this problem from old  ... but the prints come out blank, except for crop marks - which appear to be exactly placed. Printing to PDF creates blank files too, so the driver and PS aren't talking somewhere along the lines. Gave up on that...

I thought it may be a fault with the printer so ran all the calibrations I could. To no avail.

I'm now trying one last print, this time in Affinity Photo from my MBPro... it's printed PERFECTLY. 1020mm square. Like a dream.  Gutted I didn't try this earlier, but so relieved to have found the weak link and how to eliminate the problem - it appears to be Photoshop.

That's hastened my transition to Affinity!

Hope this helps others in the same boat.
Scott

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0