Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't understand artboard and no backgound

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

artboard.jpg

As you can see in my above image, when I do a new document (CTRL-N) Photoshop 2020 creates an artboard 1 and a layer 1, but NO background layer.

Sorry, havent' used photoshop in years so recently purchased 2020 -- What happens when I create a New Document and seeing the artboard 1 and layer 1 without a background layer really threw me off. Spent a good hour to see if there was a way to disable artboard feature and instead see the background layer like it was at one time.

Any feedback would be appreciated. So if this is how it is now done in PS I guess I need to do some brushing up on the new features.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Hi

Nothing has changed.

You can choose whether to open a new document with an artboard in the new document dialogue. If so, that artboard will contain an empty layer.

If you choose to open a new document without checking artboards and choose any solid colour for the layer , then it will open with a background layer. If you choose "transparent" then the layer will be layer 0

2020-01-11_16-17-43.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Nothing has changed.

You can choose whether to open a new document with an artboard in the new document dialogue. If so, that artboard will contain an empty layer.

If you choose to open a new document without checking artboards and choose any solid colour for the layer , then it will open with a background layer. If you choose "transparent" then the layer will be layer 0

2020-01-11_16-17-43.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In File > New dialog uncheck Artboards option and from Background Content choose color instead of Transparent.

new dialog.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Goodness..thanks everyone. For some reason I did not notice the artboard selection box even though that is what I was looking for. Blinded by the excitement of using 2020. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines