• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have 4k resolution and adobe photoshop cs6 extended looks too small on it so i can hard see icons and text how can i solve this problem

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (1).pnghere is the image you can see icons look small and so text how to fix this is it on Adobe end so they can fix this. Already Microsoft Tech agents tried but they said this is problem from Adobe side.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have the latest hardware, now it's time to get the latest software. CS6 is too old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a sometimes Photoshop user and I can afford to buy CC if I want but do not care to spend the money nor do I want the hassle of new features on what for me is secondary software. I do buy CC for all the people on my team who use it regularly, and we all use the latest hardware.

So, I used the Dan Antonielli trick (below) to deal with the Photoshop scaling problem. Given the ease of this fix, Adobe's unwillingness to provide it through an update is the height of arrogance. Yes, CS6 is old, but 4K monitors were used in the design community long before Adobe stopped supporting CS6. Why did they not provide this fix while CS6 was relatively new?

Adobe App Scaling on High DPI Displays (FIX) | Dan Antonielli

Thank-you Dan!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test_Screen_Name: Wow, I guess Adobe's Most Valuable Participant badge is awarded to whomever reaches a threshold of x replies to queries regardless of their inanity or uselessness. Thanks for sharing your wisdom, this response certainly decreases the S/N ratio. Here's an idea, if you don't know the answer then don't answer the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.) You can add a key to your windows registry that will let you use external manifest files.  Then you can add an external  manifest file into CS6 folder for Photoshop.exe.  CS6 Display will then be scaled by Windows to the lower resolution you set in widows.   You will loose your displays high resolution for you will be using it as a low resolution display with fewer pixels.

2.) You could add a low resolution display to you system as a second display and move Photoshop palettes to the low resolution second display you expand your desktop to.

3.) You can subscribe to the creative cloud a Photography subscription for $10 a month and use CC 2014 and CC 2015 and use Photoshop 2X UI preference to have Photoshop scale its UI to a lower resolution.

Above all search before asking a question that has been answered many times in the past.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is as simple as abc. Thanks you solved my problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That manifest solution didn't solve my issue, nor did changing the compatibility. What ultimately did, for a while at least, was reducing the resolution to half-from 3920 to 1960. I also had issues with Topaz Labs synching with PS, getting error messages saying not enough RAM and not being able to view images at extra large, althoug the display would show them as large with more space around them. I have a Dell and dealing with their so-called "tech support" was hell on earth. They actually made everything worse. Bottom line, I've ordered a new motherboard as I think part of my problem was the GPU. A 4k monitor shouldn't have to be set to half its rez in order for software to work. Period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not work for accurate tool size. Unfortunately, if you are running a Windows 10 version newer than v1875, it's Windows' File Explorer that is the issue. Try opening images as 'extra large' and you'll see what I mean.

For whatever reason, when Windows updated 10, they removed the 4K compatibility.

The only way to completely resolve the issue is to bring down the rez to 1960.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you're happy with the solution, but I wouldn't call it a good solution. The effect is to tell Windows to just double up everything. So each pixel in Photoshop fills 4 pixels on screen - just like in most other apps.

But that means you don't get the benefit of a 4K screen at all. You might as well have one of half the resolution. Given that Photoshop users are often working with a sharp eye for detail and demanding detail requirements, they may well want the benefit of the 4K they paid for. Or not... most people do indeed seem to be happy with this solution. Perhaps high resolution monitors are not really needed by anyone except the people who make money from selling them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2023 Sep 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's the ticket!  Scale text and apps to 300% or so And make the changes described in the link in the above post by right clicking the program icon etc.

However, keep one monitor scaled at 100% to use for the viewer which is undocked to that monitor.  Both monitors set to 4k.

I guess this is presuming the viewer output is being scaled along with the menus/text with the right click app icon process...so keeping the viewer at 100% and enlarging the UI window would remove this as a possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines