Highlighted

I have a problem! Error "file must be saved as a copy with this selection"!

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem! Error "file must be saved as a copy with this selection"! Photoshop cc

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 12.37.33 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

I have a problem! Error "file must be saved as a copy with this selection"!

New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem! Error "file must be saved as a copy with this selection"! Photoshop cc

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 12.37.33 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an error, it's normal behaviour when saving a PSD file as a JPG, PNG or GIF

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 1
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a warning, not an error. You are trying to save a layered file as jpeg. Because the jpeg protocol does not support layers, that would destroy the layers ('flatten' the file). For that reason Adobe protects you against mistakes by making this saved file a copy, and keeping the layered original in memory so you can save that too.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If so, then the image quality is worse! What to do? Why was not it before?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 1
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want to save without merging the layers,  save it as a TIF,  it won't force you to save as a copy that way

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 0
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem when working with scanned negs, I think because it sets the embedded colour profile automatically (and you can charge it or select anything else) you need to merge the layers with your background and then it will save as a JPEG. Make sure you save the PS file before you do this in case you want to go back and edit the image again. Took me a while to figure out, I tried to go ahead with the error once and PS got stuck saving on 0% and wouldn't let me close anything. Hope this helps

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if i want to save in PNG without background? Is it possible?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2018 0