• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm trying to make a low poly thing in photoshop.

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to do a low poly project. All the videos I've watched and the way my teacher does it is using the polygon lasso tool on the same layer as the photo. Is there a way to do all the blur averages on a seperate, blank layer so when I hide the orginal photo, only the shapes that I have created remain?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't seen the tutorial, but if you want to use blur averages, you'll need to apply it to a layer that has pixels. If the current workflow is to select the layer, make a selection, apply Filter > Blur > Average, you could do it a little differently to see just the blurred parts. If you want to keep the original layer, duplicate that layer. Then when you make a selection, create a layer mask (click the 3rd icon from the left at the bottom of the Layers panel) with the duplicate layer selected. The layer mask will only show the portion that's selected. In the Layers panel, the layer mask will be selected right after you create it, so click on the image thumbnail. Now apply the blur average. For subsequent selections that you make, go back to the Layers panel, click on the layer mask, and fill that selection with white. Then click on the image thumbnail again and apply the blur. If you'd like to only see (or partially see) the original layer below, you can use the Opacity Slider. When you only want to see your shapes, hide (click on the eyeball in the Layers panel) the original layer and make sure the blur layer is back to 100% Opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines