• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image looks wrong after "export as" - "save as" works fine

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on the current project i'm working on i noticed that the resulting jpg  of "export as" looks just wrong (some stripes and edges that are not visible in the image in PS)

If i choose  "save as" and write a jpg everythings is fine.

I'm on PS 22.1 on macOs Big Sur

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

the latest release of PS 22.1.1 fixed the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screen shot so we can see the issue.

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences? This often fixes odd Photoshop behaviour. Within the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences is the button Reset Preferences On Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

verstaerker_0-1608632186775.png

in the upper middle area of the export as image is an edge wich i cannot explain, it happens in several documents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This looks like a layer compositing error that could previously be avoided by checking "legacy compositing" in preferences. They have now removed this option, on the grounds that all the wrinkles have been ironed out. But apparently not.

A workaround should be to flatten the image prior to export.

Report this on the feedback forum, which is the official bug report channel, and include as many details as you can. That's the "submit product feedback" link up on the main page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@D Fosse has some great ideas there. It probably goes without saying, but just in case… be careful when flattening an image. If you do this and then instinctively save you will lose all of your layers.

One option would be to duplicate your image before flattening.

Another option would be to make a flattened copy of all of your layers within your document. Start by selecting your topmost layer and either…

1. Hold down the Alt or Option key while selecting the Merge Visible option from the Layer menu
  2. Keyboard shortcut...
    Mac: Command + Option + Shift + E
    Windows: Control + Alt + Shift + E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as workaround the saveAs option works pretty well for me... i anyway don't like Export As , as it takes ages to generate the preview with bigger images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the latest release of PS 22.1.1 fixed the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent, thanks for reporting back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines