• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image resize is converting colours :(

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to resize a webpage in Photoshop today and used image resize with constrained proportions switched on  just to change the width of my file. But when i do this photoshop automatically converts colours and the red in the artwork is a different shade to what it was before the resize and not like the original now. Does anyone know anything about this... is it a setting i can change? 

any help would be gratefully received as im a freelancer on a job... thank you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post meaningful screenshots of »before and after«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:) thanks for replying. difficult for me to share screenshots of the artwork as ive signed an NDA. Document Profile is showing same for both (Adobe RGB (1998) but colours def change as resized version red in artwork goes much darker... 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then please create a demonstration file with at least a fild of the color on question and post screenshots including the pertinent Panels (Channels, Layers, …). 

Does turning on Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Legacy Compositing and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Gaussian Blur or Mosaic the sensitive sections of the image in the screenshots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much for all your input... I appreciate it! I have realised that there was an embedded smart object (the one which has the red) and when i went into that its colour profile was different to my document. When i made its profile the same the resize worked without converting colours... 😊🥳

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is difficult to guess without to see actual file with layers etc. What is happening if you flatten file then resize it? Go to Image > Duplicate and check Duplicate Merged Layers Only. Resize that file and see if there is any difference in colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines