• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images uploading with a grey like overlay??

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Im a bit desperate... I don't think my surface pro 4 + windows update + photoshop 2021 are compatible as everything im doing in photoshop and lightroom seems to upload on instagram and pinterest in a weird grey colour which completely ruins my work and branding..!!!

Please help! I can't find anything.. tried recalibrating... looked for GAMMA?? can't find it.. totally disheartened...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, go into Lightroom preferences and change the "edit in Photoshop" color space setting, from ProPhoto to sRGB. Or convert to sRGB in Photoshop. Anything you post on the web should always be sRGB.

Don't rely on Windows "Photos"! It does not support color management at all, and it will never display correctly, ever, under any circumstances. It's just more or less wrong, depending on your monitor characteristics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, one more thing. If you use Export or Save For Web, color management is off by default, and so it won't match other color managed apps like Photoshop or Chrome. Export/SFW display like Windows "Photos" by default, IOW wrong. You have to enable color management manually.

Save For Web:

SFW.png

Export (preview setting integrated into "embed profile"):

Export.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines