• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Images won't open/can't see open images in Photoshop CC

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand what's wrong with my Photoshop CC application. I have tried opening .NEF files, .jpg files, and a photo uploaded from my cell phone, and each time I can see the title of the photo appear as if it's open, but the window remains blacked out. But the thing is, it was working just fine yesterday. I feel like I just recently launched the latest application update, like within the last couple of weeks, and I'm not getting any error messages popping up, so I don't understand what's going on, and it's very frustrating when I'm trying to use the application to edit a photo I'm posting online for business purposes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2016 Aug 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences and restarting Photoshop have any bearing on the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this seems to work for me! Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that is not a proper solution as it invalidates GPU dependent features (like the Rotate View Tool for example) but it indicates problems with the GPU driver or the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my day! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me as well. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!!! Thank u so much , it worked for me as well.

I experienced this after updating my photoshop cc . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!  I've been unable to open images directly or via Lightroom for weeks and thought my old computer was finally giving up the ghost!  I should have consulted this community straight away.  The problem is now solved and my computer survives to live another day.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, thank u very much!

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still facing the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines