• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Instagram profile picture ruining my logo.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

Basically, the logo I use for my Instagram Design account is blurry and I can't fix it no matter what I try.

The logo looks like this:

WILLEM-FACE LOGO TEST 1.jpg

And when I set it as my profile picture, it ends up like this:

Screenshot 2020-09-14 at 10.59.45.png

I have been playing with pixel x pixel sizes, PPI, colour profiles, resolution settings, JPEGs, PNG's and export settings for the last 24 hours or so and just can't seem to get it right. No matter what I do, it comes out all blurry.

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers guys. x

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uploaded my profile picture as PNG in 500 x 500 px and I am very satisfied with the quality.

Biene-Profilbild-rund-f-i.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, just tried it.

I'm afraid it still looks rather blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try with bigger dimensions like 500x500 or even 1000x1000px. Here is guideline I found online https://blog.snappa.com/instagram-profile-picture-size/#:~:text=Your%20Instagram%20profile%20picture....

If you still have problem with blurry image then blame Instagram because Photoshop has nothing to do with that problem. After exporting image from Photoshop open it in any image editor or viewer and set magnification to 100%. That is what Photoshop has exported, everything else is problem on site or how they set things to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, I tried your suggestions and I'm afraid it still didn't work.

Yeah, it's odd, my graphics look absolutley fine on screen. I don't really understand what is going on. But I feel like it must be something I am doing because there are plenty of graphic design Instagram accounts with crisp looking logos as their profile pictures. Strange.

I am beggining to think that it could perhaps be something to do with how the logo was originally made? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have the same problem, and wanted to know if you managed to fix it? It would be great if you did!! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I seem to have fixed it to a certain extent. I was messing around with it recently and I think the problem was that I was saving the JPEG of the logo at too high a resolution. (dpi)

I resaved it as a JPEG, at 72dpi, which keeps the scale the same. The logo is roughly 150x150 pixels. Also I changed it to black, because it does not show pixelation as badly. (Red is notorious for rendering and uploading badly).

Hope that helps. Bit of a compromise but it was the best I could do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do "Save for web."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines