• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing RAW file

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be straight forward. Locate the most recent RAW package that works for CS6, download the zipped file, unzip the file and run the installer right?

I have now done this many times. each time the installer does its thing - the files appear to install - I get a long stream of camera models and then it tells me it is installed. The problem is nowhere can I find the Camera RAW.8bi file which I apparently have to copy to "plugins".

I've run many explorer searches - I've used Camera Raw.8bi as a search all it brings up is:

I finally located my Camera Raw.8bi file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS6\File Formats but the file is dated 7/22/2015 - and I'm damned if I know where the extracted files are going.

Help please.

Cheers and beers,

Paddy Ryan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this Camera Raw 9.1.1? That was the last version of ACR that was compatible with CS6.

Camera Raw plug-in installer (Toward the bottom.)

It's then just a matter of opening a RAW file in Photoshop; Camera Raw should then launch.

Also, remember: If you have a newer camera that was made after Camera Raw 9.1.1 was published, you might run into trouble opening its RAWs. You'll have a couple options: Upgrade Photoshop or get the DNG Converter (this option always requires you convert your RAWs to DNGs to open them in your version of Photoshop):

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are two Windows CS6 installs a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version and the are two ACR 9.1.1. Both seem to be dated 7/22/2015.  I have both installed.  You show the correct location for the 64Bit plug-in where the installer would install it. Here is what I see.  I also have some CC versions of Photoshop installed.  I see I have 4 ACR plug-ins installed.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines