Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Invert ring colour as they cross over planet

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What I'd like to do in this photo is make the rings white while they're going over the black background, but then black as they're passing over the white planet. What would be a good way to do this?

Thanks.

example.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

I ended up just switching the blending to Difference for the layer. I'm very new to photoshop and I didn't even know what blending was so you gave me the vocabulary to figure it out. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blend Mode Difference might be an option or two Smart Object instances with Layer Styles etc. 

Screenshot 2020-11-19 at 08.56.37.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up just switching the blending to Difference for the layer. I'm very new to photoshop and I didn't even know what blending was so you gave me the vocabulary to figure it out. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines