• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Photoshop CS3 Completely gone/discontinued?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of Photoshop CS3. I was able to install it, and enter the serial number it came with, but after that, I was unable to actually activate it. I looked around the web a bit, and I'm seeing possible news that CS3 is completely "dead"/discontinued/deactivated. Is this true? 😞 Also, if so, can someone tell me when this may have happened? I was able to install it on my computer back in Oct 2018 or so, but now it seems like I can't...

PS - I'm using a Dell PC, with Windows 10

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is true. Activation servers have been shut down for CS to CS3.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bummer... When did they finally shut it down?

Also, can anyone recommend me any other (non-subscription) photo editing programs of a similar caliber? (I don't need anything more powerful than CS3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a word, yes. It can no longer be activated, the servers have been permanently shut down.

Keep in mind it's twelve years old and most likely won't work properly on a modern operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you (or anyone else) recommend me any other (non-subscription) photo editing programs of a similar caliber? (I don't need anything more powerful than CS3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

photoshop Elements 2020 lacks some of CS3 features  its under 100 USD.  Gimp Freeware. Affinity Photo lacks many Photoshop features like scripting support.  There are others use Google search to find Image editing software reviews.

google it 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines