• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Software Tech a legitmate retailor of Photoshop CS6? (Nope, pirate site)

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Photoshop CS6 from an online store called Software Tech Store. I was surprised when I recieved a package in the mail containing an a small cardboard box (opened) with the photoshop disk, but no invoice, no manuel, no information, nothing but an obviously used disk.

When I contacted them about the serial number missing, and other concerns, I was told that they had emailed it. (They had not). So they quickly emailed a false serial number, which left me with a useless disk.

When I emailed about the issue, they tried to tell me it was a problem with my internet connection. Clearly not the case. They insisted that the serial was valid, when obviously it was not.

I tried calling numerous times, and their phone sytem just loops back to the original message after selecting the right prompt, then I reached someone via their online chat forum, who basically informed me that Adobe does not use the original packaging anymore, as an attempt for people to purchase cloud. I have copied and pasted the chat below, please see the lines in bold print. I am just wondering if there is any truth to this at all. They sent me a fake refund reciept, and still have not, infact refunded my account, nor do I believe they have any intention of doing so.

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! '

You are now chatting with 'SoftwareTech'

SoftwareTech: Hello.  How may I assist you?

Kateri: I just purchased Adobe photoshop CS6, and the package was open, the disk appears to be used, and I was not provided with a valid serial number. I feel that I have been scammed.

SoftwareTech: it was sent to your email

SoftwareTech: the serial number

SoftwareTech: can i have your order number please

Kateri: The serial number is not valid.

Kateri: Order # 100008807

SoftwareTech: can i have your order number please

SoftwareTech: i will check that hold on please

Kateri: Unless I am provided with a valid working serial number, I need to refunded immediately.

SoftwareTech: you sent us an email

SoftwareTech: correct

SoftwareTech: for the refund

Kateri: yes

SoftwareTech: no problem we will refund you the amount you paid

SoftwareTech: no problem

Kateri: Immediately.

SoftwareTech: yes

SoftwareTech: you will have it in less than 15 min

SoftwareTech: we will send the receipt to your email

Kateri: Why on earth would I be sent a useless, opened disk?

Kateri: Is this company a complete scam?

SoftwareTech: it's not opened

SoftwareTech: Adobe cancelled the box

SoftwareTech: and now they are sending the serial number via email

SoftwareTech: and they ship the DVD

Kateri: It was opened.

SoftwareTech: either that way or cloud

SoftwareTech: it's not opened this is how they send it

SoftwareTech: i know it's not good way

SoftwareTech: but adobe is doing that

SoftwareTech: to force people to buy cloud

Kateri: I'm ready to file charges.

SoftwareTech: it's the new thing

SoftwareTech: i am doing the refund right now

SoftwareTech: hold on please

SoftwareTech: i just sent you the receipt to your email

SoftwareTech: and your order has been refunded

Kateri: It has not been refunded.

SoftwareTech: we refunded your credit card the amount you paid and we sent the receipt to your email

SoftwareTech: did you get it

SoftwareTech: ?

Kateri: No. I received what is problably a fake receipt, but my account has not been credited. I want to be refunded IMMEDIATELY.

SoftwareTech: it's not fake

SoftwareTech: ok

SoftwareTech: you are not scam

SoftwareTech: please

SoftwareTech: your credit card has been refunded

SoftwareTech: and we sent you the receipt

SoftwareTech: it's not fake

SoftwareTech: and we are not fake

Kateri: My account has not been refunded.

SoftwareTech: yes it will shows in 2 to 3 business days

SoftwareTech: believe me there is nothing to be worry

SoftwareTech: we are not scam

SoftwareTech: we used to sell full retail boxes

SoftwareTech: but Adobe cancelled that

SoftwareTech: and we are having problem because of the new way

SoftwareTech: we are sorry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That delay was with the downloaded version, not the box. But it is questionable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my knowledge, the only place to legally download Adobe's software is from Adobe. Anywhere else is a pirated copy, no matter how legitimate the web site looks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, the software is only ever downloaded from Adobe, and you have to sign-in with Adobe to do this. These guys were providing serial numbers to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Chris noted, you were B.S.'d. That they told you Adobe "vouched" for them was a flat out lie. A legitimate reseller doesn't need to be vouched for.

1) Legitimate downloads are only available from Adobe. You'll find various sites, such as www.macupdate.com that you can find Adobe's software listed on. But when you click one of their links, it redirects you to Adobe's site to download the trial software. All legitimate sites operate this way. Crooks have copies of the software on their own servers.

2) There's no such thing as not being able to contact Adobe on the weekends to get a legitimate serial number. If you purchase a legal boxed item, the serial number is in the box. For online purchases from Adobe, whether you're talking about CS6, or the CC apps, you get your activation code (CC apps) or serial number (CS6, etc.) within minutes via email no matter what day of the week it is. It's automated. No human has to be on staff to get that activation code to you on Saturday or Sunday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We spoke to Adobe to vet them, not Software Tech.

At the end of the day, I now have to find a new source for my office software. We used them because they were cheap and because we wanted perpetual licenses which are no longer offered by Adobe directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mijbil wrote:

We used them because they were cheap and because we wanted perpetual licenses which are no longer offered by Adobe directly.

Not true. As of right now, at least, you can still purchase CS6 perpetual licenses directly from Adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How interesting that I discovered this thread just now while searching for info about Canada Software Outlet.

I bought Audition CS6 from them in 2013 and have had no trouble until now, trying to reinstall on my computer and being told the number was revoked, which support says is due to piracy.. I didn't believe them at first, but now upon reading this thread I'm quite shocked..

I don't want to upgrade to CC. I want to buy a perpetual license, which I cannot, so I was fine with CS6. Now I can't do anything as their only offer is a discount on CC single app subscription.

Shame. I'd buy a new software but I will not be forced into Adobe's subscription model.

Quite surprising though that I supposedly had a non-genuine Serial all this time? It worked for many years, I had no idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this has happened to you Joel. It's no consolation, but it's much harder for these companies to get away with pirating Creative Cloud as it doesn't use product keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2017 Aug 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear, when you are talking about warning bells going off, Adobe had to be aware the authorized resellers they were listing on their site were purchasing licenses which were not to be resold. Resellers, for example Walmart, buy in bulk at a reduced price, and usually sell at a competitive price to ensure they have a market. There is NO warning bell to be heard when a slight discount is offered by a seller who is verified by Adobe as an authorized Adobe reseller. Stop trying to pass the responsibility on to the victims, who are trying to be loyal to your software. Adobe is recovering their loss from the thieves, and treating the victims as criminals as well. Our actions were based in a good faith trust in what we were told by Adobe.

My Photoshop CS6 was legitimate. I logged on to adobe.com and downloaded it. The serial number I was given was not counterfeit. It worked to activate the software, which I installed on two machines. When I realized I had made a mistake, the installation on one of the machines had to be de-activated before I could complete the installation on the correct second machine. Everything under Adobe's control worked as designed, including software updates. If there was an issue with the incorrect resale of the serial number, that is between Adobe and the vendor. The number was legitimate, and unique to my installation(s).

I am a Creative Cloud subscriber. Had to become one when I changed my desktop to a Mac. Adobe informed me at the time that I could not transfer my Windows licence to a Mac. (Can with Lightroom, but not Photoshop!) The subscription was necessary so the work I did on my laptop remained compatible with the desktop. Now I am trying to upgrade the laptop, and I have run into this problem. I still have a valid (obtained from Adobe) license for lightroom. If I have to change my stand-alone editor because Adobe is throwing me under the bus, Afinity is available for both Windows and Mac, and can be integrated with my copy of Lightroom.

Give me a reasonable solution to let me install CS6, or you will lose my Creative Cloud account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that CS6 is part of your Creative Cloud subscription? Under the terms of your licence you can install on two computers with Windows or OSX or a combination of the two. The Creative Cloud version is modified for the needs of CC and so you cannot just install your old CS6 with it's perpetual licence, but you most definitely can add CS6 CC version via the desktop app. Simply go to the 'Previous Versions' section of the desktop app and install from there.

cs6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am aware of far more than you give me credit for! Lets see if I can pull your head out of the 'Creative' clouds.

1.     Two computers: one desktop and one laptop (portable, remote, no internet connection, no connectivity with CC . . .) ''Modified for the needs of CC" does not work for me!

2.     I need the same editor on both so they are compatible each with the other.

3.     I am a CC subscriber only because I was committed to Adobe from my use of a copy of photoshop obtained from an Adobe approved reseller, but I could not transfer that from a Windows desktop to a Mac.

4.     Adobe has been paid for the serial number I was using! Regardless of its history, it was obviously part of a block of numbers sold in volume to a reseller, who for what ever reason decided to work outside their agreement with Adobe. Like so many others in this thread, Adobe VERIFIED that the reseller was approved by Adobe. We did our due diligence. Adobe did not, and failed to inform users in a timely manner that the reseller was not approved. Past thirty days we cannot have the credit card company reverse the transaction! It was Adobe that failed in their duty of care!

5.     I paid for, and thought I received, a perpetual stand-alone licence for Photoshop CS6. As a reasonable man, the fact that Adobe listed the merchant as an approved reseller meant to me that they were acting in agency for Adobe. Adobe, by whatever circuitous route, has received payment from the reseller, who in turn received payment as set-off from me, and the rights then passed to me. There has been consideration, and Adobe is now repudiating the actions of its agent. Just as I understand Adobe's reluctance to honor the serial numbers, from my perspective, Adobe is equally responsible with the resellers in defrauding me. If compensation has happened, courts are reluctant to rule on its adequacy.

Adobe has made too many mistakes handling this matter. Here in Canada, a court would probably just order specific performance, and tell Adobe to reinstate the serial numbers. South of the border in the litigeous USA, some enterprising young lad from contingency.com might be able to do some major damage.

For my part, I have started playing with Affinity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I don't work for Adobe, neither do most of the people here on the forum. We are just volunteer professionals who provide free of charge our expertise to end users. It sounds as if you are very aggrieved by your treatment from the company and appear to be trying to promote Affinity products here as a sort of revenge tactic-that's your prerogative but you will quickly find there are limitations in that product-I in fact beta tested it last year. Also, It is not Adobe's fault you didn't read the system requirements for CC where it clearly states an internet connection is required. You in fact only need to connect to the internet once every thirty days for validation, but you do need a connection or the product will stop working.

I don't understand why you were told you could not transfer your licence for CS6 for Windows to a Mac as you can do that quite easily-it's slightly bureaucratic but possible. If you had asked on this forum you would have been told exactly what to do. As a matter of interest what was the name of the authorized dealer you purchased from? If it was an officially recognized Adobe partner then possible something could be done, but if it was just a third party web sites with fake logos then it is a case for you taking legal action against the vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa Terri! I am not trying to attack you. Please don't attack back. I have since read your 'fond farewell' thread and I understand why you might be a little sensitive. If I have caused any personal grief, please accept my sincere apology.

I had been using PS Elements for quite a while, when Adobe announced they were phasing out CS in favour of CC. I knew that CC was a subscription which required an internet connection, which is why I made the move to purchase CS while it was still available. I was fully aware of the system requirements. For me it was a large investment, so I shopped around, and found a more reasonable price at CanadaSoftwareOutlet.ca. This was in mid-September 2013, and they were listed as authorized resellers at that time (confirmed by Sedary earlier in this thread).

When I switched to the Mac, I tried the installation after deactivating on Windows, and it didn't work. I contacted Adobe customer support by email, and the reply was that I would now have to subscribe, as a Windows serial number would not work on a Mac and Mac serial numbers were no longer available. Maybe the response had something to do with the serial number I was trying to use, but no-one informed me the number had been revoked until I tried to install an a new laptop yesterday.

Not looking for revenge; looking for results. As for alternative software, I could just as easily have mentioned GIMP, but nobody would have taken me seriously 🙂 The point I am trying to make is that every ACP responding on this thread is defending Adobe's actions when, in my humble opinion, there is no defense. Adobe failed to exercise due diligence, and listed these vendors as authorized resellers. As long as Adobe allowed this to continue, any software sold by these vendors should be treated as legitimate. It is not as if Adobe was unaware that individuals were obtaining serial numbers under a volume license. Had they revoked the serial numbers as soon as they knew what was happening, the resellers who bought the volume license would have been unsuccessful, and anyone who paid by credit card could have reversed the charges. Adobe's actions are not timely, and are consequently predatory. I am a victim in this because someone at Adobe changed their mind!

It is my sincere hope that someone at Adobe will see this and realize that this makes them look very bad. Yes I have a CC subscription, but others, like the church, do not have that luxury!

The way this forum works is by a series of replies. Yours was the last post when I stepped in. I was not targeting you, and again I apologize if anything I said was offensive to you. That was not my intention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lightroom and Photoshop | Adobe Creative Cloud Photography plan is $10 a month based on an annual commitment with upgrades as soon as they are released. I know some people are on a tight budget, but it's probably less than your coffee budget.

Even if you do not have internet service on some of your computers, your cellphone can act as a wifi hotspot. (Sprint 10 GB monthly)

Sad that you got burned. As user-volunteers in this forum, we are not privy to or have any control over Adobe's decisions. Debating Adobe's ethics in the matter with us unfortunately will not change things. A lawyer would be best if you want to pursue the case. They will tell you what is viable.

I always purchased my upgrades via the Adobe store and my serials are registered with them and readily accessible. As a result when I decided to move from PC to Mac four years after purchase, I applied for a Mac license and got it in a few days.

I can't tell anyone what to do, but IMO if you have a choice, go with the company store, not some third party. Less headaches that way. You may qualify for an nonprofit or educational discount.

Why Not to Buy Adobe Software on eBay, Craigslist or Amazon Mkt | ProDesignTools

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just caught on to this thread, and I’d like to add my piece.

In an October 10, 2013 post on this thread, Sedary notes that the Software Tech Store was on Adobe’s list of approved resellers from at
least June through August of 2013. In fact I was careful to check on the status of the Software Tech Store when I bought CS6 from that store in June, 2013.  I myself found the Software Tech Store on the Adobe web site list of approved resellers of CS6 before I made my purchase.  Shortly after I bought CS6 from the SoftwareTech Store I called Adobe for help on a matter. I gave the Adobe agent my serial number, he accepted it, and he answered my questions. I considered this support further confirmation that my purchase of CS6 was acceptable to Adobe. Iused CS6 for four years with no problems and with no indications that Adobe thought my purchase to have been improper.

In June, 2017, I went to open CS6 and got a message that my
trial of CS6 had expired. I never had a trial version of CS6. I called Adobe,
and after being transferred numerous times from one Adobe agent to another,
being on hold for long periods, and at one point having a chat session cut off,
I finally was told that my version of CS6 was pirated, and that I had been
duped. When I told the agent that before buying CS6 I had found the Software
Tech Store listed on Adobe’s approved list of resellers of CS 6, he told me it
didn’t matter, that my program was not legitimate, and that I could no longer
have it.

In some posts above it is suggested that lower prices for
CS6 should have been a warning to smart shoppers that they were dealing with a
questionable seller. I will confess to being naive about the marketing logic of
a company that sells subscriptions to Photoshop alone for $20 per month, but
charges $10 per month for subscriptions to Photoshop PLUS  Lightroom. However, the bottom line is that I
was duped because ADOBE HAD THE SOFTWARE TECH COMPANY ON ITS LIST OF APPROVED
RESELLERS AT THE TIME I BOUGHT CS 6 FROM THE SOFTWARE TECH COMPANY.

It is no doubt another sign of my naiveté that I am surprised that Adobe evidently does not take responsibility for its misleading
list of approved resellers which gave people confidence to purchase what were in fact pirated versions of CS6.

The least Adobe could have done was to send me a message
that they did not approve of my version of CS6 before disabling it, instead of
my having to spend an inordinate and frustrating amount of time on the phone
and in a disconnected chat session to get an explanation for the removal of my
CS6 program.

I can afford the $10 per month which is the current
(but what about the future?) Creative Cloud price for Lightroom and Photoshop.
However, in my disappointment with Adobe, I have recently been using Corel
Paintshop Pro X9, which is inferior to CS6 but adequate, and I am looking at
replacing Lightroom 6 with Capture One Pro 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Systems listed Software Tech as a Authorized Re-seller of the merchandise Adobe supplies.

Adobe is not responsible for pirated software the company sold to you, no matter what you think their policy should be.

It takes time for the company to catch up, but when they do...you are in "receipt of stolen merchandise."

It's easier for them to pull the license, they know you will contact them.

Since you did not know, you are not prosecuted or even if you did, you are given the benefit of the doubt.

You can't keep the software and Adobe is not obligated to replace it.  So you have to go to Software Tech for restitution.

Unless Adobe supplied the counterfeit software for resale, they don't own this problem.

If you still think so, consult an attorney about your options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gener7,

Thank you for reading my post and for your prompt response.

A more accurateanalogy to my situation with Adobe would be as follows.  I check Trek’s web site for a list ofauthorized dealers, and I buy a bike from a dealer that is on that list. Withina few days I call Trek for support, which I am sure they will only give me if Ihave a legitimate serial number. Trek gives me support, which I rationallybelieve is confirmation that my purchase was legitimate. Then four years laterTrek tells me that my purchase was not legitimate, and they confiscate thebike. Whatever lawyerly defense Trek may make of its actions I’m going to bevery upset, as I believe any reasonable person in my place would be, and Iwould not be inclined to buy from them again. I can’t take the analogy furtherbecause I cannot think of how Trek could duplicate Adobe’s method of informing meof the confiscation of my CS6 program, which was to leave me the message thatmy trial of CS6 (I never had a trial of CS6) had expired, and to make me talkto numerous people over a long time to finally find out why my program wasconfiscated.

I’m not exactly boycotting Adobe. For the time being I stilluse Lightroom 6, and I have Elements, which I might use again. However, I amnot happy with Adobe, and after years of not even considering any company butAdobe for photo editing, I am now seriously looking elsewhere.

As to going to court, I have no desire to incur the expenseor to take the time to take anyone to court over this matter, and I hope youare right that Adobe will not charge me with a crime and take me to court.

Sincerely,

Joe Porreca

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you noticed I thought the better of including the Trek analogy because it just muddies the points so I'll stay on topic.

Getting service is an act of good faith, not verification of the the sale. They don't want to call your purchase illegitimate until the serial number turns up as stolen or found to be cleverly generated to cheat their automated activation. So the default is innocent until proven otherwise.

Then they get the word the number is dodgy or is being used too many times. In the past they silently blacklisted it, leaving the old activation alone, but refusing new activations. You then found out when you try to install and activate on a new machine. Now since Adobe has changed ownership, the new owners simply deactivate.

Deactivation does turn he old CS software back to a trial. Most don't register with Adobe so it's not their policy to call out. They never did that. So they simply deactivate and wait for a call instead of seeing if they can get to the owner. Even if they were that generous, it wouldn't matter. They no longer sell CS6. And they do have a legal department, so their practices are based on that, not on what we think they should do.

Thirdly, it does sting, you don't have to like it and can go elsewhere, but it is "stolen merchandise" and while you definitely won't get charged, they'll offer the low cost subscription, but you are out the property.

I knew long ago buying the most counterfeited product in the world meant third party sellers were a risk, so I always bought from Adobe since 1998. Not a single one of my serials have been blacklisted to this day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gener7,I wondered if anyone would even read my post at this point. Thankyou for taking the time to help me understand the situation better. I stillthink (and I do understand that what I think does not matter) that since Adobecould not control the legitimacy of their resellers, they should not haveallowed resellers at all, but having allowed them, Adobe should takeresponsibility for them. I don’t expect to get CS6 back, but I appreciate theopportunity to have my say on the forum.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joe,

The problem here is that I'm a technical volunteer. We have had many users come in here to complain about their license being pulled. We listen to the story, provide informational links, but have no authority over licenses or Adobe's way of handling it. Basically no better than talking to a bartender, but without the drinks.    Adobe did pull the ST's authorized listing, but many retail outlets like the Apple Store and Staple Office Supply are still reputable suppliers. We all have ideas of what Adobe should do, but they speak to their legal advisors and not to us.

About all I can say, you at least got some use out of CS6. Elements is not a bad deal if it suits you and you know it's good and up to date.

Nice talking,

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had an experience nearly identical to ebenezercaear's - same reseller, same check with Adobe as to whether reseller was authorized or not prior to purchasing in Sept-2013, and same experience with Adobe support, today. Per Adobe support, Adobe can retroactively remove a reseller's authorization.

I think this is little more than a cheap trick to get folks to pay them $10/month in perpetuity. I'm not falling for it and I'm very displeased with Adobe after having been a Photoshop user since v 2.0 in the early 1990's! Back to CS5 for now and maybe a PS alternative in the future from some company that is most certainly less cutthroat than Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar situation here with Canada Software Outlet who appears to have been an offshoot of the same reseller:

Canada Software Outlet

I've had some experiences with Adobe support about the same scenario, and found links to some of the legal action involved (which Adobe won) that I've documented in that thread along with some analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same story, different graphic designer. I purchased an upgrade from Indesign CS 5.5 to Indesign CS 6 in May of 2013 from The Software Tech Store who Adobe had listed as an authentic reseller. Downloaded it from Adobe, used the SN given to me by Software Tech. No problems for five years, then start getting the pop ups from Adobe. Eventually talked to someone in India who essentially said too bad, so sad, Adobe doesn't care. I've been a freelance graphic designer for 25 years, bought all my software from Adobe. No more. Sad to see what's happened to them, taking no responsibility for their mistakes. Another company who's lost its moral compass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And exactly how is this Adobe's fault? Ever heard of crooks or scammers? Nowhere does Adobe say they authorize The Software Tech Store as a reseller. I put their name in here, and there is no match of any kind:

Adobe Partner Connection Portal

This a known, and long running scam. Two more topics about them right on these forums:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1669685

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9659674#9659674

You bought an illegal copy of CS6 from scam operation. Adobe has no control over them. At them moment, you can't even find a web site to this so-called company. What information you can find on them is, unsurprisingly, not good.

Try putting the blame where it belongs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was removed from their list, but was listed in May of 2013. Adobe has sued The Software Tech Store.  ADOBE SYSTEMS INCORPORATED v. SOFTWARE TECH | Case No. 5:14-cv-02140-RMW. | By RONALD M. WHYTE | Lea...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines