• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any option to turn on selecting diagonal neighbors too with magic wand tool?

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I'm an artist and draw line art before coloring in my drawings. Basically my work looks like a coloring book drawing, when I want to use the magic wand. I want to color in the areas between my black lines, however it can't catch some pixels and the corners of my selection. In gimp you can turn on "diagonal neighbors". Is there any option or plug-in that can add this? Or any other method to select and area within black lines? 
If there is not such option I would highly hope this to be added. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The magic wand tool is very old and crude. About the only thing you can do is increase the tolerance, so that it selects more. A better way would be to draw your lines, make your selection, then expand your selection and put the fill in a layer below your lines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That you for your reply! Sadly, I'm doing your tips already and it works fairly well except 3-4 pixels each select. I'm doing these  pixels manually, but, it's quite time consuming. Oh well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to add the Pixels to the Selection Shift Click or the add Option icon in the tool option bar?

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying! I tried this, however, selecting single pixels is very time consuming for me.

I've drawn out my problem here:

DiagonalNeighbors.jpg

I'm not sure if my problem is too specific, but i think it might be easy to implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

image.png

That is the rectangle marquee tool.

image.png

If you do not use continuous you would but you also would  select all the other white. You are better off using contiguous and three click to select the three areas together.  You will not be able to select that single pixel unless you zoom in tile the pixel grid is visible.  At any normal resolution  no one will spot a that single pixel was missed. 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines