Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issue with the clone stamp tool

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have noticed that with Photoshop 2020 my clone stamp tool is not behaving properly.  If I try to clone something, it will clone for a second or so and then stop.  To continue cloning I need to first release the left button of the mouse and re-click it.  To clone something large might take several clicking of the mouse.  Is anyone else having this issue with the clone stamp tool?  Is it bug that I need to wait for an update? Thanks in advance

Al

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

Hi

Have you tried resetting the Clone Tool

reset clone tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the Tool’s settings? 

Please post a screenshot including the pertinent Panels (Options Bar, Brush Settings, …). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for assisting with my issue.  Is this screen grab sufficient information?

Screenshot 2019-11-26 19.21.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is any of the Transfer or Size features of the Brush set to Fade in the Brush Settings Panel? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your assistance.  Someone's suggestion to reset the tool solved the problems.  

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you tried resetting the Clone Tool

reset clone tool.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I have reset the tool brush but that has stopped it from working altogether.

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, it looks like it has solved my problem.  Thank you.

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a mac, and using Ps 2020 version 21.0.1using wacom version 6.3.37-3 and I have used all of the suggestions on fixing the clone tool but non of them work. This is very frustating when you are woking on live jobs and your clone tool dose not work the way it should.

I have Highlighted the stamp tool problem so that you can see it. When you Alt Click and stamp the tool has a mind of its own drawing a line from one point to the other. Please see attached.

Cheers,

Bruce LongScreen Shot 2019-11-26 at 10.21.43 AM.png

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro6,1

Processor Name: 12-Core Intel Xeon E5

Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 12

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 30 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 64 GB

Boot ROM Version: 133.0.0.0.0

SMC Version (system): 2.20f18

Illumination Version: 1.4a6

Serial Number (system): F5KP709CF9VN

Hardware UUID: 5D77BC2A-46F2-52B1-B23B-AA9A1C65A34C

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. When I use the stamp tool, I get a straight line. I can not trace the causes of this problem. it can appear when it is pleasing at any stage of working with photography. This is terribly annoying when retouching photos.

i have imac pro and wacom

The problem disappears when I go into the settings and reset the dialog error.

I don’t understand what to do next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anyone figure this out! im losing my mind... tried new wacom driver, new wacom, latest photoshop..default settings.. everything.. ADOBE can you help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With a lot of back and forth between asking Adobe, Wacom, and Apple, (with no responce by the way). I figured out how to fix this issue. So far it seems to be working for my problem, and no it has nothing to do with reseting the brushes. What you want to do is move your Adobe Photoshop 2020 Prefs.psp out of your user Library to you desktop. This will reset you PS setting some, so if you are used to having your preference behave a certant way, I suggest that you first command K and take snapshots of those preferences. Close Photoshop. Then go to your Preferences folder, see attached for location, (path at the bottom of window), and drag it to your desktop. Restart Photoshop, Photoshop will rebuild this pref. then you should be good. Let me know if this works for you.

Cheers, Bruce Long

__PhotoShop_Fix.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon!

I hope the topic is not closed yet and you will see my message. We faced the same problem: additional stripes are formed when using the cloning tool.

When using the "cloning" tool, I take the source, start drawing and the moment I release the mouse, an additional strip appears with a bias in the upper left part of the monitor, but I did not draw it.

The same thing happens with the losso tool.

The problem appeared just a day ago, and before that, everything was fine. Photoshop is licensed, updated without problems. Tried reinstallation - did not help. Did a reset, brushes - did not help. Tried and your method specified above - also did not help.

Please tell me, did you manage to solve the problem or maybe there is another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a known bug, you may have to roll back for the time being. 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/ps-21-1-every-drawing-action-snaps-to-upper-l...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, I see.

Obviously, the problem appeared a few days ago. We'll try to roll back to the previous version of the program. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get back to version 21.0.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2020 Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in the Creative Cloud app, select the ... to get the other versions menu, where you can find older installers.

Make sure to save your presets before downgrading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure to back-up all your Presets (Actions, Brushes, …), Workspaces etc. then you can use the Creative Cloud application, 

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 13.28.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure all customized settings (Brushes, Actions, Workspaces, …) are backed up, then you can use the Creative Cloud app. 

Screenshot 2020-03-28 at 13.28.48.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like I have exactly the same problem as Morroh which happened this week.  Tried all the same things to no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it seems this is not a hardware problem. It is sad. I followed the advice that I read and rolled back to an older version and that helped. I hope that helps you too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Well here we are in October 2023 & its STILL doing it, frankly I give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doing what? 

Please read this (in particular the section titled "Supply pertinent information for more timely and effective answers”):
https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/community-how-to-guide-tips-amp-best-practices/td...

What have you done for all-purpose trouble-shooting so far?
Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having issue with pdf Stamp on my adobe DC PDF pro, not behaving properly, cant drug text callout where I need it, also cant set size 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2023 Nov 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you talking about? 

Please post meaningful screenshots to illustrate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines