• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues Rasterizing Shapes

Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do real estate photography & it's important to outline property boundaries in aerial shots. I just started doing it in Ps, was using paint.net but trying to cut down on workflow time. Looking straight down on a property the yellow outline is in perspective same width all 4 sides, however when I do it on an angle the width of the sides change as you can see in the photograph. I create the shape and then Rasterize it then distort into position. Is there a way to do this so all 4 sides are equal? When I create the shape it does have equal sides, it's when I distort to move into position (following the boundaries of the property) it distorts (Left Photo). Can't seem to find another selection that allows me to move without line distortion. If not then it looks like I will have to go back to paint.net. I reduced size a bit to much but you can still see what I mean. Left image lines distorted, right image looking straight down lines in proportion. Thanks in advance for reading & hopefully helping me through this issue.

Duck Key House.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

IMO you would do better transforming the shape's Path.  Why would you want to rasterize a shape layer? Stroking the path should with a normal line should be the same width do you have parrallel lines for the bordered where the strokes would merge into one wider line.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO you would do better transforming the shape's Path.  Why would you want to rasterize a shape layer? Stroking the path should with a normal line should be the same width do you have parrallel lines for the bordered where the strokes would merge into one wider line.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if the OP is concerned about hiding the lines when they pass behind a building, a layer mask would do the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2018 Jun 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never thought about that good point, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a line passes behind a building & I tried to erase a portion of it Ps would not allow, pop up window said it has to be rasterized, so that's what I did, then it allowed me to erase. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack is correct: don't rasterize it. Use the shape rectangle tool, and then use the white direct selection tool to transform it in perspective. This avoids the perspective effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried it and this worked thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines