• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lasso tool not showing where it has been on screen

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to CC 2019 my Lasso tool is not showing where it has been on screen, therefore I am working blind, if I add to the selection it then starts to show the the direction of the lasso selection but it won't do it straight away, how can I fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Try turning off Use Graphics Processor" in Preferences performance and restart. If that works , turn it back on and try each of the drawing modes in "Advanced" .

If working with the GPU off  resolves your issue and you are on Windows , then check the GPU driver from the GPU manufatcturers site.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Try enabling this option in preferences then restart Photoshop

enable legacy comp.jpg

If that doesn't help try resetting Photoshop preferences

Reset Pref.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First option did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

second option, I had installed CC 2019 today and this was the very first thing I did so no point to Reset Preferences, when they were already as they would have been from a fresh install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fresh install has an option to migrate your prior versions presets  did you? And a reinstall does not reset your preferences.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I migrated all my preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try turning off Use Graphics Processor" in Preferences performance and restart. If that works , turn it back on and try each of the drawing modes in "Advanced" .

If working with the GPU off  resolves your issue and you are on Windows , then check the GPU driver from the GPU manufatcturers site.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it fixes it when I turn off GPU Processor BUT I am not using a drawing mode, I am just using the lasso tool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Dave mentioned you need to update/reinstall your GPU driver from the manufacturers website

Troubleshoot Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) and graphics driver issues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drawing mode refers to the way Photoshop draws the image pixels on your screen using the GPU,  not to drawing or painting as an activity.

So :

1. If you are using Windows - check the GPU manufacturers site (NVidia/AMD/Intel) for the latest drivers

2. Then turn it back on and if it is still giving issues - try the various GPU drawing modes.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check with Apple site see if they have updated for your model Mac

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 14.44.17.png

Hi Dave, I located the Drawing Mode you suggested, for me it works as expected on Basic, but Normal and Advanced had the same undesired effect.  Hopefully Basic mode will not effect any other aspects I use too much in Photoshop.

Thanks a lot for your help dave

Thanks Ged for your input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Basic mode performs more operations on the CPU rather than making heavy use of the GPU. You should still get access to those functions requiring a GPU though.

I don't think you have the options on a MAC to update the drivers outside of those delivered by the operating system.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats very helpful, thanks again Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My screen looks a bit different. Any tips on how to navigate this problem with my settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes..for me this is working. Thank you. Turn off GPU and restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lasso tool works correctly on my machine with or without the legacy composting checked.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave, it looks like you solved your issue. I had the same problem and just accidently discovered what it was (for me)....my Polygannol Tool wouldn't work at all....I tried all the suggestions on this page to no avail...I'm on a 2016 iMac with a Wacom Pen Tablet... I then just tried my mouse and it worked fine !! So it's an issue with my tablet...I think older tablets are not getting updated drivers for newer Photoshop versions... hope this helps others if they come across this issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines