• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer mask is not leaving layer intact once disabled

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I autoblend layers of images (focus stacked) and then disable the resulting masks the images are missing pieces like the mask doing permanent damage to the image it is masking - driving me balmy as my workflow is to create a blended image then go back to reinstate some areas with masks disabled - only to find that the disabled mask is not leaving image in tact as you would expect.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported something along these lines to Adobe many years ago - nothing happened with it. I found with the autoblend, PS bout just adjust the color of the masked area of a layer to blend in with the other layers and not apply the correction to the entire layer, so going back to edit a layer mask was impossible, due to the color shift.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same experience. To be honest, Photoshop isn't very good with focus stacking. If you do a lot of it you might consider Helicon Focus or Zerene Stacker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I had a look at Helicon but it doesnt seem to allow access to original layers - the whole idea is that I need to often reselect some areas like water for example that are better in a layer than the one chosen, not due to focus but perhaps just he way it flows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have some layer, as you mentioned like the water, you could auto align the layers, duplicate the water one, then use auto blend on all except that one. Then manually blend in the water layer. I've had to do that often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines