Highlighted

Limit Adjustment to a single layer

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added an adjustment layer to a siungle layer, but the colors of all the layers below are also being affected.  What am I doing wrong?  I want the adjustment on the single layer only.

THX

Correct answer by waters_tc | Community Beginner

I solved my own problem.  The layer mask was not made to0 cover only the portion of the image I wanted.  I don't see a way to delete my question. .Sorry for posting so fast.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Limit Adjustment to a single layer

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added an adjustment layer to a siungle layer, but the colors of all the layers below are also being affected.  What am I doing wrong?  I want the adjustment on the single layer only.

THX

Correct answer by waters_tc | Community Beginner

I solved my own problem.  The layer mask was not made to0 cover only the portion of the image I wanted.  I don't see a way to delete my question. .Sorry for posting so fast.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 15, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We can't delete posts either, but your answer will be very helpful to others who search. I've marked it "Correct".

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 0
rob day LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also clip the Adjustment Layer to the layer below by Option-clicking between the layers, or choosing Create Clipping Mask from the Layers flyout:

Screen Shot 10.pngScreen Shot 11.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 15, 2020 1