• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line Tool No Longer Allows for Pixels?

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never want to use the line tool to create a shape or a path. I constantly use it as a straight line tool for pixels only. Suddenly it seems that this is a greyed out unselectable option. 

Is there any way to use the line tool for pixel creation only? I do not want to go through paths or shape tools to eventually create pixels. I only want to use the line tool for creating pixels. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

In Photoshop 22.3.0 this issue appears to be rectified. (But the Pen Tool seems to be afflicted with other issues …) 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What problems do you see with the Pen tool it seems OK on Windows?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you already participate in the thread about the Pen Tool issue. 

Under some circumstances the Pen Tool creates disconnected points. 

bugReportPenToolUnconnectedPathPoints.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It look like you can not edit a path copy in the path palette. The new path button function in the path palette creates.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, agree - I find the pen tool has become somewhat unpredictable - dropping or adding anchor points or bending wildly in another direction after closing path.  

Still my BIGGEST problem with Photoshop has been the removal of the blending tool shortcut - I use it all the time and it needs to come back! I wrote an action for it but it's a pain on a laptop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines