Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help please

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Check this step!
I solved it after follow this click: Photoshop: Crash w/Liquify (Mac) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Press Ctrl + K > Performance > Untick Use Graphic Processor.

This may or may not be the right solution, but this worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2019 Feb 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Please give us a solution Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem!!! This needs to be fixed asap... On a deadline and now I'm trying to find a fix for this " A Liquify error occured : AIF internal exceotion "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the error message "A Liquify error occured : AIF internal exception".

I am using a Dell XPS 15 9575 laptop with a 15 inch 3840x2160 display.  The laptop includes a  Radeon RX Vega M Graphics GPU, in addition to the Intel HD Graphics 630. 

There is an external 27 inch 2560x1440 display that connects via HDMI or DisplayPort. 

A Plugable UD-6950H docking station is connected to the laptop via a Thunderbolt port.  The Plugable docking station supports two DisplayPort connections or two HDMI connections, plus 5 USB ports, a Ethernet port, and others.  The external display can be either plugged into the Plugable docking station or into a separate USB-C to HDMI adapter cable connected directly to the laptop through a second Thunderbolt port.

In the Windows 10 display control panel, the two displays are set to operate at 250% and 100% scaling, the recommended values.

The error message only occurs when the laptop is operating with the display control panel Multiple Displays setting set to "Extend these displays", and the external monitor connected through the Plugable docking station. If the external monitor is connected directly to the laptop through the second Thunderbolt port, the problem does not occur. If the display control panel Multiple Displays setting is set to "Show only on 1" or "Show only on 2", there is no problem, regardless of how the external monitor is connected. 

I looked at all the other forum messages and experimented the various different graphics settings in Windows and Photoshop accordingly, without success.

On the surface, this seems like a situation where getting rid of the Plugable docking station is the logical solution.  Obviously, there is a lot of complex activity going on in the DisplayLink software and the docking station, in order to allow the video and other data to be routed together through a Thunderbolt port and split up among several different ports at the docking station. Plugable makes no secret that there are incompatibilities with games, and that this docking station does not support daisy-chaining DisplayPort monitors, so it's not completely surprising.  However, in general, it still seems to be a great docking station, much better than the official Dell offering, for example. If I have no better alternative, I will regretfully replace it with a simpler multi-port USB-only adapter, and  a Thunderbolt to DisplayPort adapter cable.

It is a bit puzzling to me why only the Liquify function of Photoshop is throwing errors, while all other software on the computer seems to get along with the Plugable docking station just fine.  Conceptually, it seems to me that using the GPU to crunch the image manipulation calculations in Liquify should be more or less independent of the task of rendering the resulting image on a monitor.  Why should there be a software error only when a docking station is inserted in the path between the laptop and the monitor?  If anyone has an explanation and/or a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a REAL solution if you are using multiple monitors:
MAKE SURE YOU SET YOUR CORRECT MONITOR TO "MAKE THIS MY MAIN DISPLAY"

If you do this, as well as check the "use graphics processor" under the "performance" tab in Photoshop, it should work.

(did for me at least)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked like a charm. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue too. I am running two GPUs on a Win 7 PC and the screen
PS was open in was using the 2nd GPU. Switching the cabling so both
screens use the primary card and it resolved the issue for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines