Highlighted

Mac Photoshop with iPad/Sidecar not refreshing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have my iPad/Macbook Pro setup using Sidecar, and setup to mirror my display. Open a document, and using the brush tool, and make some random strokes. Does not show up. If I minimize Photoshop and bring it back, it will show up. Not related to brush tool. For example, if there are multiple layers, I can disable a layer, it will still show. Minimize/Restore Photoshop will refresh the display showing the layer disabled.  Also note that if I have multiple documents open in Photoshop, I can force a refresh by switching to the other image and then back again.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mac Photoshop with iPad/Sidecar not refreshing

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll have my iPad/Macbook Pro setup using Sidecar, and setup to mirror my display. Open a document, and using the brush tool, and make some random strokes. Does not show up. If I minimize Photoshop and bring it back, it will show up. Not related to brush tool. For example, if there are multiple layers, I can disable a layer, it will still show. Minimize/Restore Photoshop will refresh the display showing the layer disabled.  Also note that if I have multiple documents open in Photoshop, I can force a refresh by switching to the other image and then back again.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well crap, I was going to create a screen recording to show what I mean, but I couldn't duplicate the issue......

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
pauwntus LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't tested this with the pencil, but I was using Sidecar to watch a tutorial and had the sam problem even with Photoshop on my Macbook-screen. In Preferences -> Performance -> Advanced Settings there is an option to set the Drawing Mode for the Graphics Processor Settings. If I change that to normal it works for me. Maybe this will help with using Photoshop with the pencil on the Ipad as well.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 13, 2020 0