• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making different Images from different source have the same colour tone.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2019 Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one.
Basically I have made a collage of images all from different photo/images.
When I put them together, obviously they will all have there own tones, as they have been taken in the environments.
What I'd like to do it have them all with the same tone as if they look one but natural at the same time.
I know this can be done manually by having the images together but I'm sure Photoshop has come a long way from this old technique.
Also I feel like he colour matching tool doesn't give you the right results.
I have seen some time lapse videos on Instagram where the person does it but can't see what tool it is.

How can I achieve this? Maybe there are other effective tools better than Colour Match. Could you guys direct me to the right place.

Much appreciated in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess no body knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I guess you thought it’s a good idea to write about images but not show them?

Are the differences primarily in hue, contrast, …?

What exactly do you mean by »tone« in this case?

Also I feel like he colour matching tool doesn't give you the right results.

Match Color is not a Photoshop Tool, it’s an Adjustment and as it is destructive it is not fit for serious work, in my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When asking questions is courtesy to post a screenshot when that would be helpful. People who show a little more effort and common sense in posting,  will get more and better responses.

Match color is the tool Adobe has for this. I personally never get to use this because my work goes to final print, and Match Color does not work in CMYK mode.

How to Match Colors in Photoshop - Match Foreground and Background colors - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fatihDaBest, have you lost interest in the issue?

Edit: … or found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many yeas ago, when folks sent off their film to have Kodak make color prints of snapshots, they came up with a system of averaging the scene (not unlike Photoshop's Filter > Blur > Average) and, depending upon the resulting color and tone level, a filter pack was applied according to that average. The system was a bit more sophisticated than that, but the underlying theory was the same.

One instance that I recall where the system failed was at Christmas. Park a small child in front of the family's Christmas tree and the system would "compensate" for the huge amount of dark green by producing a dead tree and a lobster-colored kid. Kodak had a great term for that... Subject Failure.  In other words, the awful print was your fault for photographing the child in that setting. And so it is today. To avoid Subject Failure and achieve the most professional results, I recommend one-at-a-time application of professional skill.

Having said that, please take c.pfaffenbichler 's sage advice and post sample images so that we can see what you are up against.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Warning this is a destructive technique.  Save a backup PSD of your image first.

1. Change  Image > Mode to grayscale.
  2. Change Image > Mode again to Duotone. 
  3. Change type and preset options as desired.   See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines