• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging 3 circles so they don't overlap

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i'm trying to put 3 circles together so they don't overlap and are totally equidistant from one another. I have played with this for ages and i can only get it through merge layers but then they are all one colour. I've attached some images of my attempt and what i'm trying to achieve.

Capture.PNG

Icon.PNG

[ attachments inserted as inline images by moderator ]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lay out a set of vertical and horizontal guides. With the Polygon Shape tool, Sides set to six and Radius set to some convenient amount, drag out a hexagon from the intersection of the guides.Set the Ellipse Shape tool so the Width and Height are both twice the Radius of the Polygon, From Center is checked, and Path Operations is set to Combine Shapes. Click on the intersection of the guides to draw a circle. You get a hexagon inscribed in a circle:

Semaphoric_1-1603743345433.png

Choose a vertex of the hexagon, and, with the Direct Selection tool, drag the three vertices farthest away so their adjacent paths are completely outside the circle:

Semaphoric_2-1603743722892.png

Alt+Click on the Paths panel thumbnail to select all the points, and change the Path Operations to Intersect Shape Areas:

Semaphoric_3-1603744108757.png

Then change the Path Operations to Merge Shape Components:

Semaphoric_4-1603744317352.png

Make two duplicates of this layer, changing the fill color on each. Rotate one copy by 120° and the other by -120°. Use the Path Selection tool to drag the Shapes so that the vertex snaps to the guide intersection, Highlight the three Shape layers, and choose Link Layers from the Layers panel menu, so they can be moved and resized in tandem.

Semaphoric_5-1603745639276.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines