• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merging pictures

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to merge two faces into one.  I have both the pictures on Photoshop, but I don't know how to put one behind the other.  Once I do, I can play with the opacity to make it work.  HELP PLEASE!  Thanks.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

They need to be two layers in the same file. We can't see your PS interface, so we can't tell if they are in one file or separate files.

If they are in separate files, go to Window > Arrange > Tile, then use the Move tool to drag one image into the other file. Reorder them in the Layers panel if necessary. 

Does this answer your question? If not, please clarify and show a screen shot that includes the Layers panel.

~ Jane

'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

Here are a couple of suggestions to add to Jane-e's post above. Once you put both images into the same file on different layers, you will need to resize the larger face down to the size of the smaller one (better to shrink the larger one so that you don't get image degradation by adding pixels.

Then you can add a Layer mask to hide everything—with the top layer selected, hold down the Option key and click the Layer Mask icon at the bottom of the Layers panel.

Next, use a slightly soft edge brush with White as your foreground color and start panting in the details of the face you want to add. See the example below:

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 10.39.58 PM.png

Let us know if you have any questions!

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines