• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mirror with Clone Tool

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I wondered if someone might be able to give me instructions on how I can mirror the clone stamp tool.  Many times I would like to clone something, but I need it to be flipped in a different direction.  Thank you 🙂 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

off course you can mirror the clone stamp tool

Check all options can be done in Clone source

Window> Clone Source

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 1.32.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2018.  How do I get to the options portion?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, those options are available in Photoshop "non-elements" as you unfortunately posted in the wrong forum.

I suggest to start another answer in the correct elements forum: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/bd-p/photoshop-elements?page=1&sort=latest_replies...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Within the Clone Source panel select either of the buttons highlighted in the image to flip horizontally or vertically.

capture.jpg

Flipping and cloning simultaneously could be unnecessarily complex in some situations. Another option would be to make a copy of whatever you were planning to clone from and flip that copy. Having moved the flipped copy into the correct position you could then simply mask away what you don't need. If you think this method may be of use but found this explanation too brief, please let us know what you'd like to know more about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always clone to a new empty layer on top of the layer I'm cloning from.  So I don't destroy the layer I'm cloning from and I can  move trim transform and blend in the cloned pixels. 

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines