• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My ink profile for my sublimation printer changed my settings!

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently installed an Epson 7720 converted for sublimation printing. The ink I am using came with a profile that I uploaded into Photoshop - great prints look amaing on the Epson!

Problem is it has changed some setting somewhere in my general workspace because now ALL my files (new/old/imported) have a horrible green tinge to them and I can not edit them properly. On my HP all my images are now printing that way as well - even though the profile is only supposed to be linked to the Epson printer...

HELP!YIKES.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the obvious answer might be that you assigned it as a workspace/ proof profile, rather than just actualyl using it on the printer. Screenshots of your color management settings and printer setup might help to clarify matters a lot.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me as I am not an avid user - simply using to edit and prepare things for printing.

When I pull up my proof profile this is what is shown, but I do not know what it was before the profile was added. I can click and see the profile in the list but it is not the one currently selected YIKES.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, that screenshot of proof settings doesn’t tell us much, but what it tells us is wrong, I am afraid. 

device to simulate is where the Epson (or HP) printer profile should be shown depends how you arec printing

what is your workingspace in edit / color settings? that should be Adobe RGB or another suitable workingspace, NOT the printer profile which is, I suspect what you may have set there.

please give us a screenshot of Photoshop's "color settings"  dialog [just the dialog box.]

[please only screenshot the actual dialog box next time, as you can see here in the forum that important information is TINY when you shoot the whole screen]

we only use a printer profile of this type for output and soft proofing only, it's NOT for use as a working colour space

so - work in a workingspace [e.g. Adobe RGB]

at the time of printing - select "photoshop manages color" and set the printer profile you got from Epson there

in view/softproof - set the printer there as 'device to simulate'

more about color profiles here: https://www.colourmanagement.net/advice/about-icc-colour-profiles/

please try that and let us know?

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message in the thread, only use the one at the top of the page, to maintain chronological order]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines