• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help saving old photos on Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have an old WindowsXP PC with Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2.

1) I would like to recover over 3000 photos on this old computer and transfer/export them to a thumbdrive preferably in JPEGs. How do I do this within photoshop album starter edition 3.2?

2)To clarify within Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 under FILE, I see the options are: 'Burn to CD', 'Attach to 'E-mail', 'Send to Mobile Phones'. None of these are actions that I can accomplish with this old PC because I cannot get this old PC online.

3)Also when I get the Photoshop Album Starter Edition 3.2 software open on this old PC, I keep getting pop-up windows that state:

''Searching for missing file 08052.jpg

To locate the file yourself, click Browse."

Two option BUTTONS underneath: Browse or Cancel

What does this mean? I can view the photos . . .but they are missing??

Thank you, LH

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the photoshop album program may be showing you cached thumbnail images - they are just small thumbnail images it saved when it last actually saw the file, but when you click on them to open and see the image, it says cant find the file.

if the files are truely still on your computer you should be able to find them just using the search file function under windows xp just ignoring the photoshop album app.

once you find the files, you can just drag and drop them onto your usb drive, or select and copy, then go to the usb drive and paste them into a new empty folder on there.

finding missing files that are just lost on standard disks is not usually a tricky problem for most people so please ask someone you know for help before paying any tech companies to 'recover' them for you.

If they have been deleted, they may still be accessible using data recovery programs or services, that are able to look at and find files that are marked as 'deleted'.

If you are unsure how deleted files could still be there yet you can't see them, think of the disk on your computer like a real world library.

your photos are like the books on the shelves, and the index that the librarian keeps is like the list of all the books in the library.

if a book is 'deleted' (like your photos may have been). it is not like actually removing the book from the library, it is just being marked as removed in the index, so the librarian tells you they cannont be found.

So like with the files that your computer shows you. If a file is deleted it may only have been removed from the index.

in this case sometimes the files can be recovered by the index being effectivly restored to allow those files to be shown again.

if too much new data has been written since they were deleted though, then they may be actually gone and not recoverable. this would be as if the library had continued to fill their shleves with new books, so they really did have to delete the old ones to make room, not just remove them from the index.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines