• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New subscription: Issues with PhotoShop desktop Rel 22.0.1 - FONTS NOT WORKING

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a personal monthly subscription which includes Photoshop - which I have been using for 12 years under licenses at work with no issue. I am finding myself totally without fonts to use, and NONE work in new 'documents'. I CAN work with fonts already resident to a file I open (.psd). I have 'activated' several fonts on my cloud. I can SEE them in my font selector. But, if I try to type any of them, I get the exact same error message. "Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable font." - I have disabled ALL my fonts and reloaded. I have reinstalled software. I have reinstalled fonts. I have chatted and called tech support, where I just get handed off from one to the other with no resolution, and they are sooo bad... sometimes just hanging up or signing me over to somebody else without even telling me, so I have to explain all over again.

This is MY money I'm spending, and I am furious! WTF is going on?

Anybody have some clues for me to try??

Thank you! ...and Happy Thanksgiving... YES, I am trying to work on this EVEN TODAY. Crap! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was playing around with the same error message and this fixed it for me. Sorry the image is sideways here. 
If this window isn't open for you, go to Window > Character
Click the 4 line icon in the top righthand corner and select "Reset Character".
After that I was able to type again, no reinstallation needed.

This worked for me, but the same reset location applies to the Paragraph tab also. You could try resetting that if the character reset doesn't work.

Hope this helps you! Not sure why this error occurred but this fixed it for me.

IMG_3395.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the time you took in responding.

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. All it did was reset the font to Minion Pro, which also did not work.

I basically have PhotoShop, with no fonts, and no ability to type or add fonts to 'documents'.

My current work-around is to open a 'document' that has text in it, copy a lyer with text into my new file, edit the text to work with the new file... and HOPE I can change fonts, because that does not always work.

I am going to try to get a refund from Adobe, as this is not working for me, and I cannot afford their high prices. If I had a job, maybe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of questions:

• What is your OS and version?
  • What kind of typefaces aren't working? Are they from Adobe Fonts (included with CC)? OpenType? TrueType? Type1? PostScript?
  • Where did you get the typefaces?
  • Do they work in other applications?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I am running Windows 10 ver 1909. My PhotoShop is ver 22.0.1

- In a newly opened document, NONE of the Fonts are working. All types have been loaded and tested.

- At the start of my subscription, I already had a version of PhotoShop on my computer, but the license had expired. I changed from my employer license to a personal license - as I am no longer employed there - and reloaded the PhotoShop software from the licensing purchase page at Adobe. Most of the fonts I had on my work license showed up on my font list, but did not work. I tried adding fonts from the AdobeCloud font options, and they would show up on the list, but did not work. So, after working with this for a while to try to make it work, I unloaded all the software, and started fresh. New download, newly installed. Again, no fonts worked. I CAN use fonts in a document which already has them 'resident' in the document. I can edit text, copy layers to new documents with text, but - I cannot change the font.

- All my fonts work in all other applications, including Adobe Acrobat DC, Microsoft Office, SketchUp, ASutoCad, etc. I don't have many other Adobe softwares.

---Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am working thru this currently as a possible solution to the issue: http://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/windows-client/shell-experience/feature-to-block-untrus...

Hoping it helps, and will report shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines