Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No slidebar showing on ps3 import video to layers

Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this post

Import Video To Layers: no slider on window

however it was not answered correctly or fully.  I think others will also run into this post looking for an answer, i found an answer but i could not update that post.

Please either update that post with this information or add the link to my new post here in that old post. This will save people from winding up at a dead end.

The answer is to close your photoshop, then uninstall the quicktime version you have, and install the old version 7.76.80.95 to your c: program files, i installed another version to another hard drive and it did not work, so i dont know if program files has anything to do with it or not but it worked.

Then once you have that old version installed then open up ps and choose your file, and BAM there is your slider. 

Hope this has helped someone, took me hours to figure this out, i kept installing old versions at first and doing the compatibility deal which didnt work, but this old version worked perfectly without any fuss or changing anything.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Are you sure you mean ps3 I use the back in 1994 it was one of the first version of Photoshop the ran on windows. PS 2.5 was the first version available for windows.  I think Layers were new in ps3  I do not know if it had any way to import video frames. I was just learning PS back them much has changed.  Perhaps you mean CS3 released in 2007.  I had retired by than and knew Photoshop quite well.  CS3 was IMO the last release that was good from day of release.  CS4 and newer releases of Photosho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you mean ps3 I use the back in 1994 it was one of the first version of Photoshop the ran on windows. PS 2.5 was the first version available for windows.  I think Layers were new in ps3  I do not know if it had any way to import video frames. I was just learning PS back them much has changed.  Perhaps you mean CS3 released in 2007.  I had retired by than and knew Photoshop quite well.  CS3 was IMO the last release that was good from day of release.  CS4 and newer releases of Photoshop all had bad bugs out the gate.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your right thanks, i guess i was still frustrated at the time i left that i made a mistake, its PS CS3 extended is the actual version. Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines